VibrantEnvy - XenForo Style Review

I'll drop my two cents in for what it's worth. Let me start out by saying that it's good to see 'out of the box' thinking so to speak however I think this design is hurting in several area's:

1 - Inconsistant use of fonts
2 - Poor color combinations
3 - Imagery that doesn't give meaning to the look (icons that don't seem to have any relationship to one another)
4 - Hard to read area's of the design, ie; navbar

I actually could go on but you get the idea. I hate to be so critical and it's certainly not meant to be personal but if you were my student, I'd ask you what are you trying to accomplish with this design? Essentially it's all over the place but doesn't convey any meaning to me - it looks unplanned and rushed. I really think it could be a lot better ;)

I'll drop my two cents in for what it's worth. Let me start out by saying that it's good to see 'out of the box' thinking so to speak however I think this design is hurting in several area's:

1 - Inconsistant use of fonts
2 - Poor color combinations
3 - Imagery that doesn't give meaning to the look (icons that don't seem to have any relationship to one another)
4 - Hard to read area's of the design, ie; navbar

I actually could go on but you get the idea. I hate to be so critical and it's certainly not meant to be personal but if you were my student, I'd ask you what are you trying to accomplish with this design? Essentially it's all over the place but doesn't convey any meaning to me - it looks unplanned and rushed. I really think it could be a lot better ;)
navfix.webp

postfix.webp

bannerfix.webp

Secondary font changed from arial to default font: (Trebuchet MS)

registerfix.webp

Font changed to default font: (Trebuchet MS)

welcomefix.webp

Font changed to match main banner front.

Proceed :)

Hey Anotheralias,

I've been around long enough to understand the smallest and constant requests. All of them are important. It's your skin and it's your forum, it should look the way you like. I'd be happy to fulfill these, from the smallest to the ones causing you to rip your hair out :)

Thanks melbo.

Check out the new live demo:
Vibrant Envy [Fluid]
Vibrant Envy [Fixed]

Release will be later tonight. Feel free to share any comments or feed back

Can't wait to see and test it out!

Thanks

plz put back the green leafs for status icons. if not, can you include them when u release for those of us that plan to use them?

I like the style, but if you're removing the side column, then the main forum section should be expanded across the board, otherwise it really looks like just an empty space where something is supposed to be.

Top Bottom