XF 1.5 Very strange caching issues

Lamp

We've been having problems with caching where basically, the browser seems to cache everything which is causing problems of outdated content showing.
This occurs everywhere on the forum and even in the admin CP. Examples:
  • When visiting the site, old content is displayed if browser visited before
  • If you edit a forum post or taigachat message with the overlay, when you edit it again the content from before you edited comes up
  • In the Admin CP, if you edit a page, when you go to that page again the content from before you edited comes up
I've tried a few things but nothing is working:
  1. First I tried using <meta> tags in the header. I think it might've slowed down loading a bit but it didn't solve anything.
  2. After doing more research and gaining access to the server, I thought it was because of the .htaccess file, but it didn't have anything about caching. I added code to disable caching but that hasn't helped either.
  3. I added code to the index.php file, but then loading something like an overlay or alerts caused a server error that said that index.php cannot modify the headers because FrontController.php already has. So I looked at that file but can't find anything really about caching in there either…
I'm stumped; this is strange. What would be setting the cache headers?

Last edited:
This is almost certainly due to something interacting with the request outside of XenForo, like a caching proxy. Varnish would be a good example, though there are various other things it could be too. I would ask your host to disable any caching that they have set for your site.

Does your library/config.php have any caching values set?
nope

This is almost certainly due to something interacting with the request outside of XenForo, like a caching proxy. Varnish would be a good example, though there are various other things it could be too. I would ask your host to disable any caching that they have set for your site.
Oh, now that makes more sense! Thanks

Top Bottom