MG 2.0 Version mismatch, upgrade not showing up.

KSA

So I decided to upgrade the traditional way not the one click upgrade so I uploaded the files and logged into acp to preform the upgrade but could not find the upgrade button. It shows the add-on is installed and enabled with little note that says Version mismatch. The check for update shows The following updates to official add-ons are now available: XenForo Media Gallery 2.1.0 Preview 2 (Unsupported). Not sure what to do now. Should I use CLI command to preform the installation or should I go with the one click upgrade?

If you are getting a version mismatch then it potentially suggests you’ve uploaded an older version than the version you already had.

Assuming you were previously running 2.1 Preview 1 you would need to make sure you’re downloading and uploading the files for 2.1 Preview 2.

If you’re downloading from the customer area this preview version will not be selected by default so you will need to explicitly click into the list and select to download the latest 2.1 version.

If you are getting a version mismatch then it potentially suggests you’ve uploaded an older version than the version you already had.

Assuming you were previously running 2.1 Preview 1 you would need to make sure you’re downloading and uploading the files for 2.1 Preview 2.

If you’re downloading from the customer area this preview version will not be selected by default so you will need to explicitly click into the list and select to download the latest 2.1 version.

Oh I feel humiliated. Indeed I downloaded the wrong version and yet insisted its the right one.🤦‍♂️

Top Bottom