VBulletin Licences (How do you sell them?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Dance

I had enough of my VBulletin licence and i want to sell it, i got a buyer, but how do you get about selling it as i can buy another XenForo licence (YEY)

I got a vb license and still cant sell it, no one seems to be interested in vb any more for some reason.
smile.png

I've had people offer me like, $20 for mine but...for that, I'll keep it...just to play with or have for an upcoming project.

Just sold one for $349! Ok not really, it included branding free with a vbseo also branding free. I've tried selling this as a whole for two months on DigitalPoint and only got bad offers (around $250). Two days on Webhostingtalk.com and got three offers for what I asked. So I definitely do NOT recommend DP but you should be able to sell easily for a decent price at WHT.

I sold my two vB4 Forum-Only licenses for $130 each. Much cheaper than what vB sells it for, but enough for XenForo license ;). It's as simple as posting it on a forum that allows you to sell licenses, messaging vB telling them you wish to sell and transfer the license. Then make sure you have the okay from them to do this. Once it's all finalized you are done :).

Try forums.asmallorange.com [Service Exchange] forum...
vb 4 suite price range $150 to $195
vb 4 forum (only) $100 to $130
vb 3 series priceless

Thanks, Jose hopefully I'll sell mine there since I've had no lucky anywhere else...
smile.png

Ok I just learned license transfer at vB is a pain in the ***. Not sure why but it has already taken days (because of slow response) and now for some reason they have deleted my replies to the support ticket with no response from them whatsoever. Seriously that business seems to be run by a bunch of monkeys sometimes.

Update 18:13: it was clarified by vB support that the replies were not deleted, but hidden for security reasons. I think this could have been prevented if this was explained better during the process.

Don't forget, you can't sell a second hand license, either
They changed the transfer conditions, so a license can only be transfered once.
And I to, noticed the large amount of VB licenses for sale, how the mighty hath fallen eh?

Ok, i think the reason people dont want to buy VB licences anymore because of this: vbisshitbuyaxenforo.com :)
Yeah like you i only want to sell it so i can buy another XenForo and hopefully make a community for XenForo like many people have from the fantastic XenFans :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom