vBulletin Import

hIBEES

Hi Guys,

I am considering moving my present forum to here. We run vb 4.2.4 but feel there is no longer any support or upgrades as its coming to end of life.

So questions are.

What version is better, reading that there is a XF1 and XF2.

Is there an importer available. We have over 12k users and 1 million posts.

Are add ons such as donate, likes, gallery etc available.

Is there a payments system? And if so would any import take care of this.

Any help would be welcome before we take the plunge lol.

Is there a mobile style? Big % of users are mobile users so this is important.

Cheers

J

Last edited:
What version is better, reading that there is a XF1 and XF2.
If you need XF 1 add-ons & themes, go for XF 1. If not, go for XF 2 because support will eventually end for XF 1 (not today or tomorrow but later on).
Is there an importer available. We have over 12k users and 1 million posts.
Yes.
Are add ons such as donate, likes, gallery etc available.
> There is an official XF Media Gallery add-on.
> Likes is default.
> I've seen some donate add-ons.
Is there a payments system? And if so would any import take care of this.
Have a look here - https://xenforo.com/help/user-upgrades/
Is there a mobile style? Big % of users are mobile users so this is important.
The theme is responsive. Try browsing this forum on your smartphone to see for yourself.

If you need XF 1 add-ons & themes, go for XF 1. If not, go for XF 2 because support will eventually end for XF 1 (not today or tomorrow but later on).

Yes.

> There is an official XF Media Gallery add-on.
> Likes is default.
> I've seen some donate add-ons.

Have a look here - https://xenforo.com/help/user-upgrades/

The theme is responsive. Try browsing this forum on your smartphone to see for yourself.

Thanks for your time replying.

Does XF2 not support addons then? Would prefer a version that aint gonna come to end of life.

Does XF2 not support addons then? Would prefer a version that aint gonna come to end of life.
XF1 will be supported for a long time. XF1 has 4k addons, while XF2 has 750 addons. Its early days for XF2 which means that you do not have as many possibilities. However, if you can do with limited addons and go for XF2 then that is the optimal choice. In terms of payments system XF2 is actually better than XF1 as XF2 has a payment system built in and therefore there are much better addons available. XF2 is also best for mobile.
Importing subscriptions is not possible.

Thanks for all the replies....

Most of my addons are by @DragonByte Tech. Will check them out to see if compatible with XF2... which if it has a better mobile style then thats the way I would prob go.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180520-095508_Samsung Internet.webp
    Screenshot_20180520-095508_Samsung Internet.webp
    83.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20180520-095429_Samsung Internet.webp
    Screenshot_20180520-095429_Samsung Internet.webp
    107.8 KB · Views: 14
Tweet Poster and Donate have XF2 equivalents, User Tagging is partially built into XF2 although I am working on a version with the thread tagging and other features, Thanks mod have been handled by other companies pretty well :)

Fillip

Tweet Poster and Donate have XF2 equivalents, User Tagging is partially built into XF2 although I am working on a version with the thread tagging and other features, Thanks mod have been handled by other companies pretty well :)

Fillip
Thank you,

Can vb lifetime licenses be tranferred from vb to xf without the need to purchase again.

Top Bottom