DELETE xft.*
FROM `xfdb`.xf_thread xft
WHERE xft.thread_id IN (
    SELECT vbt.threadid
    FROM `vbdb`.thread vbt
    WHERE vbt.open = 10
);

Backup first of course.
To run this, I must have both VB4 and XF database present on the current server, and just replace xfdb and vbdb with the real database name right?
Thanks!

Suggestion:

add
--local-infile=1

to the mysql commands when importing, otherwise in some cases it'll throw the following:

ERROR 1148 (42000) at line 1: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version

Edit:

It does not import user groups, moderators, permissions etc. is that by design?

Last edited:
Edit:

It does not import user groups, moderators, permissions etc. is that by design?

Yes. You need to manually setup groups, perms, and mods in the XF Admin CP. But since this importer is designed to be run multiple times against the same XF install, this setup will persist for multiple runs.

Will it be a good idea to use the default xenforo import data through the admin cp to first import user groups, custom user fields and moderators?

That's not a bad idea. I don't see why that wouldn't work but I have never tried it.

Make sure you select the option during the import to preserve the source ids.

Thanks. I've been modifying the script to support certain things like the usergroups, custom fields, moderators and permissions. as well as minor changes to the output of the times, interactive console and ability to specify multiple banned user groups. I've also updated to read the configuration set for source db, destination db and paths from within a config file rather than modifying the class directly.

Overall the script is well written, very fast for a large board we are trying to migrate from VB3 to Xenforo.

375K users took us with the regular XenForo importer about an hour with this tool it took 102 seconds (1.7 minutes), over 1 million threads in right under a 1.5 minutes.

Great job. Thank You.

Is this exporter hyperthreaded? At first I thought not but the xf_user.txt file kept growing after the CLI had moved on to displaying the export of threads and more after I chose 9 (Everything) at the initial prompt.

I believe Import.php has line 108:
Code:
//importTable('xf_ip');
commented out. Why is this?

Can I can uncomment that line to convert IP post history to Xenforo?

I believe Import.php has line 108:
Code:
//importTable('xf_ip');
commented out. Why is this?

Can I can uncomment that line to convert IP post history to Xenforo?

Yes,

It's commented as for the most part IP history is worthless unless you have a specific reason for it.

Top Bottom