Resource icon

vBulletin Big Board Importer [vBulletin 3 + vBulletin 4] [Paid] 1.5.0

No permission to buy ($150.00)
Any new update on this issue? We are facing the same problem and I did not see any solution for it in here.

Unfortunately, I simply cannot replicate the issue. I have tested it on every version of centos 5.6 to 6.4. The issue lies with your server and its configuration interfering with the export file. Which is strange as the REPLACE function is a basic one thats been in mysql forever.

The only thing I can suggest is to alter both database users to grant all privileges on all databases for the import process, then flush the perms.

I sent the finished 1.2 version of this importer to Slavik earlier today. Not sure if he uploaded it yet. But the update is done for those who were waiting.

changes to note:
1) added post_thanks and vbseo_likes options
2) 1.2 compatibility (use a clean install of 1.2, not an upgraded database).
3) disabled incremental posts option and added warning not to use, the time savings isn't real.
4) added post edit history for 1.2
5) added import log generation
6) fixed bug with like cache rebuild
7) removed some hard-coded stuff by DP for user upgrades import, and added comment that admin needs to manually create user upgrades with the same ids as vB if they want to use that.

In version 1.0.0 of this importer, there seems to be an issue with User Upgrades.

Upon expiration of a user upgrade, the user is not bumped out of any extra usergroups that were assigned as part of the upgrade. I'm assuming because there are no records in the xf_user_group_change table that are imported (the table is empty). I'm assuming this because if I make a new manual user upgrade in the admincp, a new record is created in xf_user_group_change, and when I downgrade the user, they are taken out of the bonus usergroup as expected.

Not sure if this was addressed in the upcoming version, but I'm assuming not. ;) Thanks for all your work on this guys.

I should add that I manually created the user upgrades with same id's in XF before importing, and the importer imports them all perfectly. I have a long list of active user upgrades. It's just the usergroup change that's not happening.

Slavik updated vBulletin Big Board Importer [vBulletin 3 + vBulletin 4] with a new update entry:

1.1.0 Release

1.1.0 Adds a variety of new features and minor fixes.

New Features
  1. Post_thanks and vbseo_likes are now imported as likes.
  2. 1.2 compatibility. (Requires a clean install of 1.2, not an upgraded database)
  3. Post edit history now imported.
  4. An import log will now be created to support redirection scripts and other addons which may rely on the import log.
Bug Fixes
  1. Incremental posts option disabled. Included warning not to use.
  2. Fixed bug with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great work. Just to be clear, are there any discrepancies between this and the standard import script provided by XenForo?

I know... "Discrepancies" was the wrong word to use; I just wanted to verify this is at least equivalent (in terms of what's imported) with the default importer.

This isn't explicitly mentioned in the description - you guys may want to add something like that or highlight which additional items are imported.

I will be purchasing it shortly.

If you look at the output of the original version that was just for digitalpoint.com (what it was based on), you can get a general idea of what sort of things are handled in the export log shown here:

https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/a-r-f-i-a-really-fast-vb4-importer.908/item

The end result is that it imports everything that the default system imports, plus a whole lot more.

How did you handle everything else that the importer doesn't import, like blogs, social groups, albums, etc. If you used specific mods, can you list which?

How did you handle everything else that the importer doesn't import, like blogs, social groups, albums, etc. If you used specific mods, can you list which?
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...switched-over-to-xenforo-d.43568/#post-487552
It includes things like thread edit history, account names, account log, user notes and other things that xenforo does not yet have. As you see all addons are custom coded by Shawn, instead of using publicly available addons.

Yea, that's an impressive list... I wish at least an importer for social groups to threads was included in this one. I hate having to import so much of the core vB features via mods, not to mention pay for each one of them even if I don't actually want to use them in XF. Naturally importing all of the missing content via mods also means a lot more work and complications to reach a full import. It's really disappointing to have an importer like this one not be able to import everything that Jake's free one does. I wouldn't care if it imported all the extra stuff at the regular speed, it's just a matter of completeness for me.

Yea, that's an impressive list... I wish at least an importer for social groups to threads was included in this one. I hate having to import so much of the core vB features via mods, not to mention pay for each one of them even if I don't actually want to use them in XF. Naturally importing all of the missing content via mods also means a lot more work and complications to reach a full import. It's really disappointing to have an importer like this one not be able to import everything that Jake's free one does. I wouldn't care if it imported all the extra stuff at the regular speed, it's just a matter of completeness for me.

Use this importer:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/vb4-importer.1025/

Your forum isn't big enough to need the CLI importer.

Problem solved.

I mentioned several times before that I'm on 3.8 and have no desire to "upgrade" to 4.x to be able to use that importer and that I also like the other features of this importer.

There are a significant number of big vB boards which have intentionally not gone down the vB4 path for rather well known reasons (at least to vB users) so this is not just a whim of mine.

Last edited:
I mentioned several times before that I'm on 3.8 and have no desire to "upgrade" to 4.x to be able to use that importer and that I also like the other features of this importer.

There are a significant number of big vB boards which have intentionally not gone down the vB4 path for rather well known reasons (at least to vB users) so this is not just a whim of mine.

Then I suggest taking the desired modules from the unofficial vB4 importer and copying them into the official vB3 importer for your purpose. The two schemas are virtually identical so they will probably copy without any code changes needed.

Any particular reason why all these modules aren't in the official vB3 importer already then? I would assume that everyone wants more and not less complete imports...

Top Bottom