Vbulletin 5 Connect to Xenforo?

Brad Padgett

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a Xenforo license in August. I was considering migrating my vBulletin 5 forum to Xenforo as a possibility.

Is this possible? Do you have a migration tool that will allow a forum transfer from vbulletin 5 connect?

I am currently on the latest vbulletin 5.1.8

Thank you and let me know when you get a chance.

Regards,

TheXboxCloud

You need to import via one of the supported import software (listed in the FAQ in my signature).

Thank you for your reply only that vbulletin 4 is the highest available import. There is no option for vBulletin 5 Connect. That is disappointing.

Maybe you will make one in the future.

I still plan on buying a license in August for a different site but I highly suggest implementing an import availability for Vbulletin 5 Connect.

Thanks.

You can use any of those listed in the pre sales FAQ, assuming there is a VB5 importer.

I could not find one though.

The only option that possibly might work is on this page for smf:
SMF Downloads

It gives the option of vbulletin 3 and at the very end there is another option that says "vBulletin" by itself. Do you think that it indicates it will work with vbulletin 5?

I did some research and found out that ipb has a converter but I wouldn't want to buy IPB too if I only need Xenforo.

My possibilities are SMF, phpbb3, or MyBB. Now we can cross myBB off the list because their converter doesn't support vb5. Phpbb3 is having trouble with their database so I have not been able to find an answer for them and like I said about SMF it gives the option as "vbulletin" by itself. Not sure if it's indicating to work with vBulletin 5. There is no direct vb5 converter stated on the smf site.

Let me know an answer to my question about smf and let me know if you find anything out.

Thanks.

Regards,

TheXboxCloud

I wouldn't be able to comment on any other software and which importers exist for those.

You would have to contact the vendors of the software.

Your not trying very hard to sell your product?

As far as I'm concerned you people are the ones who told me I should do a double import. If you cannot provide a reasonable answer then you are extremely unprofessional.

I will still buy your product but if I was someone else your company could have just lost money.

I will search on my own then.

Your not trying very hard to sell your product?

As far as I'm concerned you people are the ones who told me I should do a double import. If you cannot provide a reasonable answer then you are extremely unprofessional.

I will still buy your product but if I was someone else your company could have just lost money.

I will search on my own then.

I gave you a reasonable answer.

Just because it wasn't the one you wanted, that does not make me "extremely unprofessional".

I did some research and found out that ipb has a converter but I wouldn't want to buy IPB too if I only need Xenforo.

You could always find someone that has an IPB license that would be willing to do the conversion for you, or you could hire someone to build an importer (would likely be more expensive than an IPB license though). Just keep in mind if you do double imports you may lose data, and you will more than likely lose passwords, so your users will probably have to recover their password using the 'forgot password' feature. If you would want a quote for building the importer you can feel free to send me a PM :)

Thanks for the help. I will try to find someone with an ipb license. To build an importer would cost thousands of dollars. I'll find a solution.

Also sorry Brogan if you took that the wrong way. I only plan on spending a lot of money and was a little disapppinted. Thanks though.

Top Bottom