• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

I get this:

Server Error

Access denied for user ' root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
  1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 459
  2. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 808
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchPairs() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin4.php at line 59
  4. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->configure() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 56
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionConfig() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\admin.php at line 13

I had this problem too. Do you have phpmyadmin open? I noticed that once I closed out of that, it worked. Not sure if there is some sort of login-locking mechanism or if it is a fluke...but I've had this happen a couple times and closing phpmyadmin worked every time.

I get this:

Server Error

Access denied for user ' root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
  1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 459
  2. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 808
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchPairs() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin4.php at line 59
  4. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->configure() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 56
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionConfig() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\admin.php at line 13
I was getting exactly the same error.
You could try this little fix (that worked for me), or try downloading the latest importer (v1.51).

Nope, each version has its own number. There is only one.

I have found a potential oddity though, which may be the cause.

For some reason it loads the config data, checks the connection, then re-loads it again.

Somewhat bizarre.

I didnt trim the second re-load, but ive changed that in 1.52

I've definitely got 1.51 then. And it wouldn't work until I removed those spaces.
interestingly, with the built in 3.7/3.8 importer each of the fields was pre-filled with a $config line.
Before I deleted the spaces, those fields were blank in your vB4 importer. once I deleted the spaces, the next time I tried to import using the vB4 importer all the fields were filled with $config, just like the 3.7 one.

Thats what I meant by pre-filling :)

I believe its being done in the template, so the only way to over-ride it was to pre-assign spaces to the variables.

Annoying to have to do, and annoying to have to edit the code to trim the input (though tbh, that perhaps should be done anyway).

Thats what I meant by pre-filling :)

I believe its being done in the template, so the only way to over-ride it was to pre-assign spaces to the variables.

Annoying to have to do, and annoying to have to edit the code to trim the input (though tbh, that perhaps should be done anyway).

The problem is that it now seems to be causing the import to fail in certain circumstances.

Im on the last step of importing of things I want to import (CMS Articles), and it gets to 74% and just freezes. No movement, no erroring out, just hangs, any ideas?

Also maybe you could add a stop button that would stop the current process, so I could get back to the main import screen.

Any help is appreciated.

You can drop out of the process at any time and when you go back, it should carry on from where it last got to.

As to freezing, sorry, unless I could reproduce it, then there isnt anything I can really suggest (except doing the above).

Yeah but if you are importing single items at a time, and one gets stuck without erroring out, it would be nice if you could go back to the main menu and select another item to import. Just a thought.

Thats outside the control of the actual importers, its core XF functionality, you will need to take that up with the developers.

I know this could me outside the scope of the VB4 importer but i was wondering what is the best way to do a new import (since the first that was done was made to test everything on a new forum) without the need to reinstall everitying and keep all the setings in the XF control panel ???
Deleting all forums and users should be ok ? or there is a smarter approach to this ??? Or maybe these should be a option to sync the import somehow ???

Meaning:

What's the best way to start a fresh import after running a "test" sequence - while keeping the current XenForo general settings?
Re-run the importer? Will it replace or duplicate data? Or maybe there's a way to drop only the imported data, so it can be imported again from vBulletin?

The only way to get a fresh start is to restore a backup from before the import or to do a reinstall (you will have to reconfigure things obviously). A full import puts a lot of data into the system, and removing it all manually would be far more time consuming than doing a reinstall and reconfig.

Top Bottom