vBulletin 4 Importer

ManagerJosh

Any "projected", ballpark, estimates on when we will see a vBulletin 4 importer? :D I honestly would like to transition to xenForo as soon as possible.

Not looking for a hard date, just an estimate of kinda when I can start planning a transition :D

fyi, soon doesn't count :p

Any "projected", ballpark, estimates on when we will see a vBulletin 4 importer? :D I honestly would like to transition to xenForo as soon as possible.

Not looking for a hard date, just an estimate of kinda when I can start planning a transition :D

fyi, soon doesn't count :p
Eventually :p.

Probably before they release gold.

De vB4 database structure isn't much different from the vB3 one so it shouldn't take them too long to finish it. Besides they probably want to attract potential customers asap.

I'm sure some of us will try importing a vb4 database into a test install using the vb3 importer to see what happens. I thought I read somewhere that the vb3 import will be available with the beta release, and the vb4 one should be ready by the time it's declared stable release/gold.

Actually the only thing that does not work when you import VB4 using VB3 importer is the attachment system.
I really hope this will get sorted very very soon. It's the only thing that keeps me from moving my forums from VB4 to Xenforo.

Small price to pay but again, would love to get a vbulletin 4 importer asap :)
Same here. the sooner the faster i can use xf ;)
vBulletin 4 Import (adapted for attachments)

524.jpg

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-import-adapted-for-attachments.5726/

Alright, I'm using this on my local setup (XAMPP) and I'm importing about 85k members. The importer fails after every 200-300 members and I've to click on continue button to resume the import.

Somehow the importer works best on Firefox than in Chrome, not sure why but i was getting "duplicate key" errors when importing the users, switched to FF and its about to finish importing the threads and posts...

Top Bottom