1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vBulletin 4 Importer

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by ManagerJosh, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Any "projected", ballpark, estimates on when we will see a vBulletin 4 importer? :D I honestly would like to transition to xenForo as soon as possible.

Not looking for a hard date, just an estimate of kinda when I can start planning a transition :D

fyi, soon doesn't count :p
    Marcus and pipedreams like this.
  2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Eventually :p.

Probably before they release gold.
  3. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

I'm going to go with a guess here....

When It's Ready.

Forsaken likes this.
  4. Sean James

Sean James Well-Known Member

Hopefully asap
  5. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

De vB4 database structure isn't much different from the vB3 one so it shouldn't take them too long to finish it. Besides they probably want to attract potential customers asap.
  6. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

MrBrian and Floris like this.
  7. Floris

Floris Guest

Glad to hear it went well jeffinj, XF comes with vB3 importer, so you're ready to convert!
  8. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

I am now. Thank you Floris.
  9. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

They said it won't be from the release...if that means beta or gold...I'll leave that up to you.
  10. crossovernetwork

crossovernetwork Active Member

I'm sure some of us will try importing a vb4 database into a test install using the vb3 importer to see what happens. I thought I read somewhere that the vb3 import will be available with the beta release, and the vb4 one should be ready by the time it's declared stable release/gold.
  11. jacko

jacko Active Member

Actually the only thing that does not work when you import VB4 using VB3 importer is the attachment system.
    I really hope this will get sorted very very soon. It's the only thing that keeps me from moving my forums from VB4 to Xenforo.
    pipedreams likes this.
  12. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Small price to pay but again, would love to get a vbulletin 4 importer asap :)
  13. bogus

bogus Guest

Same here. the sooner the faster i can use xf ;)
  14. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

15. jacko

jacko Active Member

16. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Alright, I'm using this on my local setup (XAMPP) and I'm importing about 85k members. The importer fails after every 200-300 members and I've to click on continue button to resume the import.
  17. Geo

Geo New Member

There is also a vbulletin 3.x importer?
  18. PompeyScot

PompeyScot Member

There's a VBulletin 3.7/3.8 importer included with the beta release, and it works well :)
  19. Krochinzky

Krochinzky Member

Somehow the importer works best on Firefox than in Chrome, not sure why but i was getting "duplicate key" errors when importing the users, switched to FF and its about to finish importing the threads and posts...
  20. cedivad

cedivad Active Member

Try to import less users per cycle. That fixed me some low memory problem.