• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

vBulletin 4 Importer

ManagerJosh

Any "projected", ballpark, estimates on when we will see a vBulletin 4 importer? :D I honestly would like to transition to xenForo as soon as possible.

Not looking for a hard date, just an estimate of kinda when I can start planning a transition :D

fyi, soon doesn't count :p

Forsaken

Any "projected", ballpark, estimates on when we will see a vBulletin 4 importer? :D I honestly would like to transition to xenForo as soon as possible.

Not looking for a hard date, just an estimate of kinda when I can start planning a transition :D

fyi, soon doesn't count :p
Eventually :p.

Probably before they release gold.

dutchbb

De vB4 database structure isn't much different from the vB3 one so it shouldn't take them too long to finish it. Besides they probably want to attract potential customers asap.

F

Floris

Glad to hear it went well jeffinj, XF comes with vB3 importer, so you're ready to convert!

I'm sure some of us will try importing a vb4 database into a test install using the vb3 importer to see what happens. I thought I read somewhere that the vb3 import will be available with the beta release, and the vb4 one should be ready by the time it's declared stable release/gold.

jacko

Actually the only thing that does not work when you import VB4 using VB3 importer is the attachment system.
I really hope this will get sorted very very soon. It's the only thing that keeps me from moving my forums from VB4 to Xenforo.

TheBigK

Alright, I'm using this on my local setup (XAMPP) and I'm importing about 85k members. The importer fails after every 200-300 members and I've to click on continue button to resume the import.

Somehow the importer works best on Firefox than in Chrome, not sure why but i was getting "duplicate key" errors when importing the users, switched to FF and its about to finish importing the threads and posts...

cedivad

Alright, I'm using this on my local setup (XAMPP) and I'm importing about 85k members. The importer fails after every 200-300 members and I've to click on continue button to resume the import.
Try to import less users per cycle. That fixed me some low memory problem.