1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vBulletin 4 Importer?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by The Dark Wizard, Nov 9, 2011.

1. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

Some of my boards require this and Paul M's importer is outdated and not supported(wont work for me at least) any more. Can we have some news on this?

2. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Can someone release a version with support for custom profile fields? :) I can't wait to perform test imports and make a switch.

twollert likes this.
  3. The Dark Wizard

:p I cant wait for an official version. Community importers. . If the author stops supporting it then it all goes down hill.

4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

There is an updated version that someone is working on
    or you can import to 1.0.4 then upgrade xf

5. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I did that on my test setup and works fine. But I can't ask all my users to update their profiles again. I'd rather wait for updated importer.

6. The Dark Wizard

We need an official updated importer for various bug reasons.

twollert likes this.
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

It does seem reasonable that there should be an "official" vB4 importer since vB3.x is end of lifed and not supported any longer by the makers. It's certainly not a small minority that want to come from vB4.

Maybe Paul can grant permission to incorporate parts of his into an official one?

twollert likes this.
  8. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

He's said that his importer can be used in its entirety.