XF 1.5 VbPro Garage > Showcase import

dking

Hey folks, I have an issue... I have the forum about 99% moved over and the very last thing I have to finish is the import of VB Pro Garage > Showcase. I have been reading for hours and I think I have a good idea of what the issue is but I have no real idea on how to fix it...

I am stuck in the middle of the import, as I understand it once you start the import from Garage > Showcase the only way to start over is to drop the DB and start over... While I do have a good fresh backup I would prefer to just hammer through this..
I believe that error has to do with funky characters in a table but I have no idea how to query or identify the specific character...

Here is the error.. The research here tells me that there is probably some special character jacking this up... I was about 29% of the import when it puked... I did check and all of the tables are utf8,

I am just leaving my forum offline right now since I am in a weird spot...

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE1' for column 'field_value' at row 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in VBPGConverter/Importer/VBPGConverter.php at line 687
  4. VBPGConverter_Importer_VBPGConverter->_addCustomField() in VBPGConverter/Importer/VBPGConverter.php at line 669
  5. VBPGConverter_Importer_VBPGConverter->_createThread() in VBPGConverter/Importer/VBPGConverter.php at line 572
  6. VBPGConverter_Importer_VBPGConverter->stepShowcaseImport() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
  7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 189
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 137
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/hayabusa.org/httpdocs/forum/admin.php at line 13

You'll need to post in the thread for that add-on/importer. It looks like it's not converting character sets as necessary.

Hey folks, I have an issue... I have the forum about 99% moved over and the very last thing I have to finish is the import of VB Pro Garage > Showcase. I have been reading for hours and I think I have a good idea of what the issue is but I have no real idea on how to fix it...

I am stuck in the middle of the import, as I understand it once you start the import from Garage > Showcase the only way to start over is to drop the DB and start over... While I do have a good fresh backup I would prefer to just hammer through this..
I believe that error has to do with funky characters in a table but I have no idea how to query or identify the specific character...

Here is the error.. The research here tells me that there is probably some special character jacking this up... I was about 29% of the import when it puked... I did check and all of the tables are utf8,

I am just leaving my forum offline right now since I am in a weird spot...

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE1' for column 'field_value' at row 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in VBPGConverter/Importer/VBPGConverter.php at line 687
  4. VBPGConverter_Importer_VBPGConverter->_addCustomField() in VBPGConverter/Importer/VBPGConverter.php at line 669
  5. VBPGConverter_Importer_VBPGConverter->_createThread() in VBPGConverter/Importer/VBPGConverter.php at line 572
  6. VBPGConverter_Importer_VBPGConverter->stepShowcaseImport() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
  7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 189
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 137
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/hayabusa.org/httpdocs/forum/admin.php at line 13

You need to post at the showcase support website. Its the same site where you would have purchased the addon.

Top Bottom