1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VBB/IPB add-ons rating

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by bookmark, Aug 29, 2010.

1. bookmark

bookmark Well-Known Member

VBB/IPB add-on rating would be the best reference resource when designing Xenforo.The add-ons with high ratings should be designed into Xen.

2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

...Many of the add-ons with high ratings already have their developers signed up on XF.

Many of them should -stay- as add-ons as well, as functionality is more likely to get added to those then it is if it were a core feature, due to the workload Mike and Kier will already be facing, and with everyone wishing them to adopt additional official premium add-ons asap. 

3. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

Just because an addon is popular does not mean that it should be included by default. What you see at vBulletin.org at the very least is a very very small population of users using addons.

Onimua, Darkimmortal and Peggy like this.
  4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

That's an arbitrary criteria to include mods in xenForo. We need things that fit into the design and philosophy of xenforo and many mods do NOT.

5. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Yeah I've noticed that add-ons that aren't very useful sometimes get a lot of downloads on vb.org while some really useful ones aren't as popular. You can't use this as your main system. I think we have a good system here: a suggestion receives likes and replies (discussion) and then the developers can see if it could fit in.

6. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

So you're saying that xenforo should come default with arcade built-in? No thanks!

gordy, Kerry-Anne, 0ptima and 3 others like this.
  7. Floris

Floris Guest

Hell no!

:)

8. Been Told

Been Told Well-Known Member

I think that is a fast route to bloatware.

9. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

I still say same a name change is in order xenSink.com is available...

Dragonfly and Forsaken like this.
  10. bookmark

bookmark Well-Known Member

guys,I just said making a reference...