vb5 beta released, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today is the last day for $25 discount... I wonder how many folks bought it

I own 6-7 licenses these days and I didn't upgrade any of them.

While I think vB5 will end up being a good product, I will not jump until they show me something worthy of my money.

Only 10 plugins available since launch of v5b10.. That should tell you something.. Even though v4 was a disaster the plugin list was several times larger by this point.

Only 10 plugins available since launch of v5b10.. That should tell you something.. Even though v4 was a disaster the plugin list was several times larger by this point.
vB4 was released as a gold product, not as a beta :)

Umm yeah i know i was one of the many idiots that bought into the presale.. lol v4 is still barely a RC.. So your point is taken but moot to me personally. (But again point taken)

Umm yeah i know i was one of the many idiots that bought into the presale.. lol v4 is still barely a RC.. So your point is taken but moot to me personally. (But again point taken)
To be fair, vB4 is a great platform. While it took awhile to get to this point, saying v4 is still barely a RC is laughable and shows your extreme bias.

http://www.goldhelmet.com/forum.php - Here is one of my sites on vB4. I had originally planned on moving it to XF but couldn't get it to look anywhere near how I wanted. Once you get everything set up and looking how you want, it's got the same ole vB feel most forum folks "grew up" with. vB5, however, has a LONG, LONG way to go.

I'm fairly sure a beta was released as well for vB4... you bought the beta in the pre-sale...

To be fair, vB4 is a great platform. While it took awhile to get to this point, saying v4 is still barely a RC is laughable and shows your extreme bias.

http://www.goldhelmet.com/forum.php - Here is one of my sites on vB4. I had originally planned on moving it to XF but couldn't get it to look anywhere near how I wanted. Once you get everything set up and looking how you want, it's got the same ole vB feel most forum folks "grew up" with. vB5, however, has a LONG, LONG way to go.
vB4 is, in my humble opinion, not a great platform. Perhaps the forum solution is... the CMS and Blogs still aren't, as far as I'm concerned.

To be fair, vB4 is a great platform. While it took awhile to get to this point, saying v4 is still barely a RC is laughable and shows your extreme bias..
My bad for not being clear i actually purchased the Suite. which is still to this day a joke its not a bias opinion its my personal opinion based on the presales promises that have yet to be delivered and personal experience.. Actually i was being nice.

vBulletin 4 is still in my opinion is still early beta. There's defunct legacy aspects in the Styling Area that's still there that shouldn't. CSS is a pain to maintain. The CMS product never even remotely came close to what was promised.

vBulletin is an application developed by amateur coders coding a professional application with no concepts of proper security or SDLC.

I'm fairly sure a beta was released as well for vB4... you bought the beta in the pre-sale...

vB4 is, in my humble opinion, not a great platform. Perhaps the forum solution is... the CMS and Blogs still aren't, as far as I'm concerned.
No, you bought gold in the pre-sale (even before any public betas were available). If memory serves, all licensed customers (both people with vB3 and those who bought vB4 in the presale) got access to the later few vB4 betas but not Gold unless they bought it.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/sho...-0-Public-Beta-–-and-extended-special-pricing!

My bad for not being clear i actually purchased the Suite. which is still to this day a joke its not a bias opinion its my personal opinion based on the presales promises that have yet to be delivered and personal experience.. Actually i was being nice.

No contention there. The CMS and Blogs are terrible and despite having "Suite" licenses, those are still the first two things I disable upon install.

No, you bought gold in the pre-sale (even before any public betas were available). If memory serves, all licensed customers (both people with vB3 and those who bought vB4 in the presale) got access to the later few vB4 betas but not Gold unless they bought it.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/326416-Announcing-the-vBulletin-4-0-Public-Beta-–-and-extended-special-pricing!
I know there weren't any public betas available at that time - but when you bought vB4 from the pre-sale you did get access to the beta software to use, just as is the case know. The only difference is that there's now a demo before you buy it, which is a good addition.

The latest version of the vB4 suite is working pretty well for me.
How many hundreds or thousands of concurrent users do you have at any given time? I suspect you dont have a big board running vb4 Suite. Or maybe you do and know how to fix all vB default faults.

I know there weren't any public betas available at that time - but when you bought vB4 from the pre-sale you did get access to the beta software to use, just as is the case know. The only difference is that there's now a demo before you buy it, which is a good addition.
I was just clarifying that vB4 wasn't sold during the beta stage - you got the beta version for free on your vb3 licence :) whereas vB5 is being sold during beta testing - which may be why there are less mods coming out at the moment.

Strange, the California Case Update had good information in it pertaining to XenForo, its closed. This thread is just to make fun of vB5, and it is still open... :confused:

Strange, the California Case Update had good information in it pertaining to XenForo, its closed. This thread is just to make fun of vB5, and it is still open... :confused:
You know what they say.. "When the parents are away bla bla bla" The moderators are essentially the face of xenForo now. I suggest you get used to the new style of moderating. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom