1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 vb4 to xf redirection problems

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by StonePilot, Aug 20, 2014.

  1. StonePilot

    StonePilot Member

  2. StonePilot

    StonePilot Member

    Ok, so I'm going to try to get back to "stock xenforo" when it comes to redirection and see if I can't get this working properly.

    I took out the redirection script pages that were downloaded (showthread.php, etc), and I got the .htaccess file back to as close to stock as possible with the exception of redirecting non-www to www.

    Here is an example of an inbound page: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/157543-Lockers

    Now that I have taken all redirection down it just come up with a "the requested page could not be found" message. Previously it was giving me a 404. I guess I'll start over again with the redirection scripts, but they didn't work before not sure what I need to do. I've got a significant number of pages that need to be redirected.
  3. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    Which redirect scripts are you using? With those URLs, you need to use the add-on that handles the vB4 link style (the vB3 ones don't cover this).

    If you're having issues with the vB4 redirect scripts, it might be best to post in their associated discussion thread.
  4. StonePilot

    StonePilot Member

    Thanks @Mike ... I was using the http://xenforo.com/community/resources/vbulletin-4-x-url-redirection.120/ tools for Advanced Friendly URLs. I replied in there too, can't figure it out. I've got 500k threads that need to be redirected!!!!!

    Question ... I did look at the db table 'archived_import_log' and while I don't understand the schema, it's not uniform. Any chance this was corrupted?

    For example, I see things like this inside archived_import_log.

    old_id // new_id
    3534 // 3534
    3536 // 3536
    35 // 76656869636c6573
    31 // 31
    32 // 32
  5. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    No, that data is right.

    Looking at your example URL from above, it redirects to http://www.gmtruckclub.com/threads/157520/ which in turn redirects to your 404.php page. Based on that, it looks like your "Board URL" setting in XF is incorrect.
    StonePilot likes this.
  6. StonePilot

    StonePilot Member

    WOW, that was easy! Thanks, looks like at least the threads are redirecting properly now. I'll look around a bit and check out in inbounds.

    Thanks @Mike.

Share This Page