Resource icon

vB4 Importer 3.6b2

No permission to download
I've imported a forum and now need to import the member albums. Can this be done after I've used the stock importer for the forum? It was kinda an afterthought to be honest I totally forgot members had so many albums! My bad.

I've imported a forum and now need to import the member albums. Can this be done after I've used the stock importer for the forum? It was kinda an afterthought to be honest I totally forgot members had so many albums! My bad.

Nope.

It is of course possible with custom programming. But this kind of incremental import requires careful planning (the ideal is to start over).

Nope.

It is of course possible with custom programming. But this kind of incremental import requires careful planning (the ideal is to start over).
Perhaps if I port to something else and back again? The board has 700k posts 60k threads 20k members so they've carried on posting as usual for a couple of weeks and the vb forum is well out of sync / date now.

Edit: didn't realised I'd asked this twice. Sorry about that. But got a different response here this guy says it's possible..?

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...tin-3-8-to-xenforo-dilemma.12882/#post-939224

Edit: didn't realised I'd asked this twice. Sorry about that. But got a different response here this guy says it's possible..?

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...tin-3-8-to-xenforo-dilemma.12882/#post-939224

Good point. This unofficial vB importer imports albums as threads in a separate forum. This importer is from before XF had an official gallery.

If you are importing into the official media gallery addon then it has a separate importer which should work for you.

Good point. This unofficial vB importer imports albums as threads in a separate forum. This importer is from before XF had an official gallery.

If you are importing into the official media gallery addon then it has a separate importer which should work for you.
Right now I'm confused. Just gone to that thread and can't find the importer linked in it anywhere.
Which importer are they talking about?

I really need to visit more often so my thought process isn't starting all over again.

Right now I'm confused. Just gone to that thread and can't find the importer linked in it anywhere.
Which importer are they talking about?

I really need to visit more often so my thought process isn't starting all over again.

It should be in the same area as the vB importer in your Admin CP.

It should be in the same area as the vB importer in your Admin CP.
Oh yes I think I'm on this.
18% done. Not sure where they're going to end up but hey-ho as long as they're somewhere I can rest assured my members will moan slightly less!

After a test we're trying to use this importer primarily because of the social groups feature the official importer lacks. We used the official importer originally but have deleted all nodess and threads and conversations we had as test data to do a final import with this one. However the first tab is Import User Groups and as we've kept these the import clashes due to the existing User Group data.

Has anyone encountered this or even better is the way we can instruct the importer solely to bring in our vBulletin social groups data?

After a test we're trying to use this importer primarily because of the social groups feature the official importer lacks. We used the official importer originally but have deleted all nodess and threads and conversations we had as test data to do a final import with this one. However the first tab is Import User Groups and as we've kept these the import clashes due to the existing User Group data.

Has anyone encountered this or even better is the way we can instruct the importer solely to bring in our vBulletin social groups data?

In that situation you need to start over with a clean install of XF. Otherwise it will duplicate your existing groups.

What you are asking for is an incremental import which isn't supported by the web-based importer (official or unofficial).

Hi again

We eventually got through it but are having trouble pinning down exactly where the Social Groups data went. There's a hidden node made up of the various unsupported vB4 stuff like Social Groups but when we look in it it's empty. The importer definitely took these things so any idea where they'd be hiding on our server?

Hi again

We eventually got through it but are having trouble pinning down exactly where the Social Groups data went. There's a hidden node made up of the various unsupported vB4 stuff like Social Groups but when we look in it it's empty. The importer definitely took these things so any idea where they'd be hiding on our server?

It will have created a node for it. Maybe you don't have permission to view it, or maybe it's hidden.

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree

Edit the node and make sure it's set to show in the node list. And check the permissions for that node.

Can I use this to import (only) the social groups into Xenforo forums? I am guessing from posts #310 and #311 that the answer is no.

Can I use this to import (only) the social groups into Xenforo forums? I am guessing from posts #310 and #311 that the answer is no.

No. The importer runs as one big session.

If you are using the official vB4 importer then it would be possible to copy and paste the social groups step out of this importer and into the official one. Then run that modified importer in one go.

I'm already done importing everything (except the social groups and blogs) and was just looking for a way to save content from a couple of the social groups. We had a couple of good ones. :(

@Jake Bunce , I´m aware that this importer is flagged as depricated, but the import Thanks, blogs and CMS articles is so essential, that we have to stick with this one and we´re more than glad it´s there. We´ve run a import test tonight (vb 4.2.2 -> xf 1.5.1) and unfortunal encountered 3 major problems regarding the import of post likes, surveys & attachments.

Surveys:
Code:
The field 'multiple' was not recognised.

Post Likes:
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'db_name_1.vb3helpfulanswer' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Importer/myvbulletin4.php at line 347
    XenForo_Importer_myvBulletin4->stepPostLikes() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
    XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 239
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 182
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/hostname.org/httpdocs/admin.php at line 13

Attachements (stored in the vb files system):
we´ve created a directory "download" under the xf install dir ./forums with CHMOD 777. vBulletin has his own "/download"-folder in the root directory. As we run the import & while it run the count stayed at 0,00% and finished after 45 seconds. So it seems at least he had something to do. As I checked the target directory it was still empty. Any ideas?

Edit: If you have set a relative path to vbulletin download directory ("./download") this will work in vBulletin, even it´s noticed there you have to enter a full path. (Dunno why we put the relative in there) . At least this importer needs the full path in there. Edited and the import of attachements went like a charm.

Everything else went flawless. I hope you don´t mind, but I would really appreciate, if you could provide us with a hotfix for this.

Thanks ,
Sperber

Last edited:
Or anyone else an idea how to solve that? Or already solved that while his own import? For sure I can´t be the only one who has run into this..

Top Bottom