Resource icon

vB4 Importer 3.6b2

No permission to download
Hi, Jake!

We are migrating to XenForo today, and, when we're ready to import, I'm assuming we can use this to get only what the official importer can't, such as groups?

No. They would be separate import sessions.

If you want the extras from this importer then you should use this importer and not the official one.

No. They would be separate import sessions.

If you want the extras from this importer then you should use this importer and not the official one.

Okay, thank you.

Just to clarify what I meant, though, because I think I worded my message a little odd:

• We would use the official importer and get everything imported.
  • After that, we would use yours to import only groups.

Okay, thank you.

Just to clarify what I meant, though, because I think I worded my message a little odd:

• We would use the official importer and get everything imported.
  • After that, we would use yours to import only groups.

Social groups? That step has dependencies so it can't be run in isolation like you want.

What you want requires getting into the code. It would probably be best to copy the social groups function from this unofficial importer and add it to the official one. This requires programming ability though.

Social groups? That step has dependencies so it can't be run in isolation like you want.

What you want requires getting into the code. It would probably be best to copy the social groups function from this unofficial importer and add it to the official one. This requires programming ability though.

Which I don't know. :(

It's not too big a deal, though. There's only one popular group (one roleplay with 609 replies), but the general consensus doesn't seem to mind if we lose groups. That one group can be easily remade.

Thanks for the responses, Jake!

But why would you use the official importer, when this one fits your needs better? I tested both several times with my vB 3.7 (after upgrading it to 4.2.1 as step between). This one works great and brings the advantage of importing CMS, blogs, "Thank you" as "likes"...

The official works perfectly too, but does not have those imports. I can confirm there is no difference within users, forums, threads, posts etc. between both. The "Thank you" (which was very important for me) from a vB-plugin can be imported as "likes" via "reputation" in the official importer after a small modification.

So, my best hint: do not migrate finally without testing. Copy your community totally (so directories, db dump...) and try both, see what happens and what may be better for you.

I, in my case, would still use this importer, when I would need CMS and blogs. Since I don't have those entries I can use the official one, but only with the reputation modification.

Quick question guys,

When I run the Import "Post Thanks" and "Post Likes" I get a slew of errors;

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Importer/myvbulletin4.php at line 265
  6. XenForo_Importer_myvBulletin4->stepPostThanks() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
  7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 239
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 182
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/wheeler/public_html/XF/admin.php at line 13
I'm assuming, that I have perhaps the wrong post likes/thanks mod than what this was intended for? I have the DragonByteTech one installed on vB4. Can anyone confirm whether this is or is not the supported one?

edit; I see I missed the installation of another file that is a dependancy for this upgrade. I'll give that a whirl as soon as the album Import is finished :)

Last edited:
Quick question guys,

When I run the Import "Post Thanks" and "Post Likes" I get a slew of errors;

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Importer/myvbulletin4.php at line 265
  6. XenForo_Importer_myvBulletin4->stepPostThanks() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
  7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 239
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 182
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/wheeler/public_html/XF/admin.php at line 13
I'm assuming, that I have perhaps the wrong post likes/thanks mod than what this was intended for? I have the DragonByteTech one installed on vB4. Can anyone confirm whether this is or is not the supported one?

edit; I see I missed the installation of another file that is a dependancy for this upgrade. I'll give that a whirl as soon as the album Import is finished :)

You posted the stack trace but not the actual error message at the top. :)

I got it I think. I went back through and found the code you had posted for the DBTech Thanks hack, and replaced the default code with that, and it worked flawlessly then.

Next question, and I went through this thread and didn't really see an answer other than a reference to permissions - but once the social groups, CMS Articles, and albums have been imported, Are there any particular mods that are more compatible with the imported format than others? I don't want to leave them all as forums/threads obviously :)

I got it I think. I went back through and found the code you had posted for the DBTech Thanks hack, and replaced the default code with that, and it worked flawlessly then.

Next question, and I went through this thread and didn't really see an answer other than a reference to permissions - but once the social groups, CMS Articles, and albums have been imported, Are there any particular mods that are more compatible with the imported format than others? I don't want to leave them all as forums/threads obviously :)

If there are similar addons I doubt they will store their content as threads. An appropriate importer is required to move that information into whatever application you decide on.

Been stretching this import otu over a few days, almost to the very end of the attachment conversion and I got this;

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '178968' for key 'PRIMARY'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1612
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1601
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1890
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->importAttachment() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1936
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importPostAttachment() in XenForo/Importer/myvbulletin4.php at line 237
  10. XenForo_Importer_myvBulletin4->_makeAttachment() in XenForo/Importer/myvbulletin4.php at line 148
  11. XenForo_Importer_myvBulletin4->stepAttachments() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
  12. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 135
  14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/wheeler/public_html/XF/admin.php at line 13

I'm assuming this means that I have a duplicate image - Is there a sql command I can run to delete it, or how do I find it to continue on?

Been stretching this import otu over a few days, almost to the very end of the attachment conversion and I got this;

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '178968' for key 'PRIMARY'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1612
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1601
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1890
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->importAttachment() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1936
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importPostAttachment() in XenForo/Importer/myvbulletin4.php at line 237
  10. XenForo_Importer_myvBulletin4->_makeAttachment() in XenForo/Importer/myvbulletin4.php at line 148
  11. XenForo_Importer_myvBulletin4->stepAttachments() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
  12. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 135
  14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/wheeler/public_html/XF/admin.php at line 13

I'm assuming this means that I have a duplicate image - Is there a sql command I can run to delete it, or how do I find it to continue on?

Search your vB attachment table for attachmentid 178968. Are there two such attachments?

Or maybe your XF forum was public during the import and some one posted an attachment?

Its only showing 1.

This is a private test environment so it wasn't public, but I might have made a test image upload while messing around with some other mods...I can't remember for sure.

Attachment Query.webp

Any ideas on this one, any way to make it "skip" this attachment_id and maybe just have it not show up at all?

You should restart the import. If you choose to enable the option to preserve the source ids then the forum must be empty (new installation) in order to avoid these "duplicate key" errors.

Hello,
I installed in on xenforo (latest vesion) and got this error:

Callback vb4ToXf11_Listener_ExtendModel::extendModel is invalid (Invalid Class).

How to fix this?
Thanks

Hello,
I installed in on xenforo (latest vesion) and got this error:

Callback vb4ToXf11_Listener_ExtendModel::extendModel is invalid (Invalid Class).

How to fix this?
Thanks

That means the files weren't uploaded correctly. This directory should exist:

library/vb4ToXf11

That means the files weren't uploaded correctly. This directory should exist:

library/vb4ToXf11
Hello,
Thanks for your help.
It was because that I do not have "post thanks addon" in my vbulletin forum.

I am testing in on my localhost. However, It made my forum's encode broken.
My forum is utf-8 encode. I have tested importing using the xenforo default import script and things were ok .
I want to move some of my vbcms articles with this cript.
If you know how to fix please help me.
Thanks

Hello,
Thanks for your help.
It was because that I do not have "post thanks addon" in my vbulletin forum.

I am testing in on my localhost. However, It made my forum's encode broken.
My forum is utf-8 encode. I have tested importing using the xenforo default import script and things were ok .
I want to move some of my vbcms articles with this cript.
If you know how to fix please help me.
Thanks

I can't think of any explanations for that.

I suggest using the built-in vB4 importer. vB4's CMS articles are stored as threads in a hidden forum so they should already be imported by the built-in importer.

This unofficial importer is deprecated by the official importer.

I can't think of any explanations for that.

I suggest using the built-in vB4 importer. vB4's CMS articles are stored as threads in a hidden forum so they should already be imported by the built-in importer.

This unofficial importer is deprecated by the official importer.

Thanks for your hint.
It is the first time I hear that vB4's CMS articles are stored as threads in a hidden forum.
Do you meant the forum named "Cms comment "(which was created by default when we install vbcms) or does ivbulletin have another hidden forum to stored articles?
If it is the "cms comment " forum, it stored only comment (not all the articles)?

Top Bottom