Resource icon

vB4 Importer 3.6b2

No permission to download
Jake please, the vBulletin forum from where I will import the data to convert in Xenforo, may have any problems?

Is there any risk regarding this? And, the vB should be on the same server where is Xenforo?

Thank you

Jake please, the vBulletin forum from where I will import the data to convert in Xenforo, may have any problems?

Is there any risk regarding this? And, the vB should be on the same server where is Xenforo?

What kind of problems?

Yes, both databases should be on the same server for the import.

Hello Jake,

mmm I have any problems, I closed both forums (vb and xenforo) and now, they are both on the same server.

From Xenforo, when I try to launch the importer (configuration is valid), it gave me this error. The issue depend from "attachments" folder?

Server Error
file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/p2psin/public_html/attachments) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/mysites/:/tmp:/var/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/:/usr/lib64/php/)
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 153
  2. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->validateConfiguration() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 31
  3. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->configure() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 56
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionConfig() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mysites/domains/p2psin.it/public_html/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

YES. The importer was designed for such issues.

You'll have the option to merge users, rename them, or change their e-mail address.

Is there anyway around this by any chance?
Meaning, I want people to have the ability to use the same email address on multiple accounts
Can that check be disabled somehow? I "think" I know why it's there (because the login for the forum accepts email addresses?)
The problem is, the forum in question seems to have several hundred accounts with the same emails.

Is there anyway around this by any chance?
Meaning, I want people to have the ability to use the same email address on multiple accounts
Can that check be disabled somehow? I "think" I know why it's there (because the login for the forum accepts email addresses?)
The problem is, the forum in question seems to have several hundred accounts with the same emails.
This is not an importer issue, this a XenForo design. XenForo does not support accounts with the same e-mail address. You could make it a suggestion for the next version.

Ah thanks Adam.

I wonder though, is there a SQL query that can be run on the database to find duplicate emails, then add a random character after said email, so it looks like individual users? heh

Ah thanks Adam.

I wonder though, is there a SQL query that can be run on the database to find duplicate emails, then add a random character after said email, so it looks like individual users? heh
Technically, that's already in the importer.

When the importer finds a duplicate it will give you the option to change one of the following

• User name
  • e-mail address

Thanks Adam, yea I saw that, but the page seems to list about...I'd say 400 or so users, heh
Was hoping for an easier way. :P

So, I gave this a try and it worked fine except for the transfer of subscriptions. It transfers them to the right groups, but it does not show them as upgrades. So instead of all the one months and 3 months and 6 months and year being where they expire at the end of the time. They are lumped together. Any help would be greatly appreciated or if I missed something any point in the right direction :) Thanks in advance

So, I gave this a try and it worked fine except for the transfer of subscriptions. It transfers them to the right groups, but it does not show them as upgrades. So instead of all the one months and 3 months and 6 months and year being where they expire at the end of the time. They are lumped together. Any help would be greatly appreciated or if I missed something any point in the right direction :) Thanks in advance

This importer doesn't do vB's paid subscriptions. It will preserve the group memberships but not the actual subscriptions.

Here is a subscription importer, but it has reported problems (if you read some of the posts), and it's not supported:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-subscription-importer.19169/

I am getting the following error with the importer. Any clues what did I do wrong?

Server Error

Trying to load a non-registered importer.
XenForo_Model_Import->getImporterName() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 62
XenForo_Model_Import->getImporterList() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 30
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/usermo/public_html/xftest/admin.php at line 13

Now I am getting this error. Is this something that will be due to the XF version being 1.1.2

Server Error

call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'XenForo_Importer_Bulletin' not found

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 88
XenForo_Model_Import->getImporterName() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 62
XenForo_Model_Import->getImporterList() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 30
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132

XenForo_Importer_Bulletin is not correct. It should be:

XenForo_Importer_vBulletin

Did you rename the file? Don't do that.

Nope I did not rename anything. Took a backup of the original vBulletin.php by renaming it (as mentioned in the instructions) and then uploaded all the files from the importer.

I am having a problem after the import, the youtube videos are not rendering, it looks like the syntax from vb is different from xenforo, how can we correctly do an import so that the videos display correctly.

Top Bottom