VB3.8.x to XF migration

ZeroG

I've been researching XenFro on TheAdminZone and folks over there sure seem to like XF. So ..... I would like to migrate from VB3.8.x to XF and looking for recommendations for those who do migration for a reasonable cost. I have 3 forums to migrate and might migrate 3 more if I can afford it.
My largest forum has 12k members, 81k threads with 776K posts.

Suggestions appreciated.

Also these tips by @Brogan are very helpful!

I wanted to start a 'conversation with MySiteGuy to get a ball park price for migrating ...but I am not permuted to start a conversation yet. I suspect I have to have a few posts under my belt. Frustrating.
Trying to see what costs I would incur in worst case scenario.

Question:
Is the $160 price for XF for a lifetime license? How much for support for each year so that you can upgrade and ask for help?

to get a ball park price for migrating
  • Big boards over 1 million posts: $135 + $25 per each additional million posts (ie: 2 million post forum: $135 + $25 = $160). This is for stock VBulletin and Invision installations. Contact us if you have special needs such as addon data imports. If you have a board over 10 million posts, we offer an incremental import service so you can keep your old forum software operational during the main import.
  • Boards under 1 million posts: $135

Is the $160 price for XF for a lifetime license? How much for support for each year so that you can upgrade and ask for help?
Yes, lifetime.
Support (ticket support) + access to the newest updates are 1 year. After that you still can run the forum as it is (lifetime) and ask questions here on the support forum. But you won't get ticket support anymore and can't get access to the newest updates (access only to the versions you had access so far).
You can renew your license for 55$ + VAT, which then again grants you 1 year access to the newest updates and ticket support.

Top Bottom