vB to XF URLs Query

I'm pretty sure that's working as intended. The original threadid, userid etc is all kept in the import table, but the new id starts over from scratch to avoid problems. There are potential problems that could arise from trying to use the original threadid in XF (like if you imported more than one forum together when merging forums, or if you had some posts before you imported) etc, so it's safer to simply start the XF ID from scratch and keep the old id in the import table as a lookup.

That's my current understanding of it at least... I could easily be quite wrong. I do recall Mike (I think it was Mike) saying that the threadid would be reset during the import though.

Thanks Tigratrus (not sure which of you is using the account, or should we just create a merger name for the two of you?). I guess it makes more sense to create unique XF IDs, I was just thinking perhaps it'd be more consistent to use the original thread ID.

I also noticed that although showthread.php URLs are redirected, member.php URLs aren't from the minor testing I tried (member.php?u=someID). What is done in this case?

Thanks Tigratrus (not sure which of you is using the account, or should we just create a merger name for the two of you?). I guess it makes more sense to create unique XF IDs, I was just thinking perhaps it'd be more consistent to use the original thread ID.

I also noticed that although showthread.php URLs are redirected, member.php URLs aren't from the minor testing I tried (member.php?u=someID). What is done in this case?

The thread ID's get thrown out of whack if there has ever been a deleted thread, this was the same thing when importing into vBulletin if there was ever a deleted thread then the ID's would become different, so an extra row is added with the OLD ID this then means that the old URL's can be easily redirected to the new XF URL's... IT works perfectly well...

How did you get the showthread.php to redirect to the new xenforo forum id? Mine is not redirecting, when someone clicks on a link posted on the forum. it just redirect to the forumDIR/showthread.php?t=3319

Top Bottom