VaultWiki Lite [Deleted]

Can I also query here about friendly URLS I assume this app isnt since the likes of Facebook dont translate it past the URL string ? Also as a request a Facebook Share button would be great! :)

Last edited:
When I go to change my view within the Wiki pages i get this error too :-

Fatal Error: attempted to instantiate non-existent class vw_Factory_Sort_View

#0 vw_Hard_Core::fetch_object() called at [./vault/core/model/vw.php:377]
#1 vw_Hard_Core::view() called at [./vault/core/view/ui/area/vw.php:132]
#2 vw_UI_Area_View->area_list() called at [./vault/core/controller/ui/area/vw.php:83]
#3 vw_UI_Area_Controller->area_list() called at [./vault/core/controller/ui/area/vw.php:29]
#4 vw_UI_Area_Controller->execute() called at [./vault/core/controller/ui/stack/vw.php:168]
#5 vw_UI_Stack_Controller->execute() called at [./library/vw/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Wiki.php:68]
#6 vw_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Wiki->actionIndex() called at [./library/XenForo/FrontController.php:347]
#7 XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() called at [./library/XenForo/FrontController.php:134]
#8 XenForo_FrontController->run() called at [./index.php:13]

Please forward this error to VaultWiki technical support at https://www.vaultwiki.org/support/4X/ or email support@vaultwiki.org.

I dont see RC3 yet is this due shortly
New versions are typically released every 3 - 4 weeks. We are only about 1 week into RC 2 currently.

If there are bugs that are likely to affect a large number of users in between releases, occasionally there will just be a new packaging of the same version (referred to as builds). That is how we have build 003 for RC 2 right now. This way some users don't have to wait until a new release to get 1 or 2 bug fixes.
When I go to change my view within the Wiki pages i get this error too
Please clarify what button or link you are clicking to receive this error.

In vault/core/view/ui/area/vw.php, find and remove:
Code:
            if ($pagebits)
            {
                $sort_options = vw_Hard_Core::view('Factory/Sort')->get_options('Area', 'list', $this->item);
            }
The sorting function is not available in the Lite version, so this code just triggers the error you see.

Nice catch. The sums compiler on the support site should be fixed now. The download should contain valid sums in the next release.

I tried installing, but I got an error and now my forum is broken. Please help ASAP.

The error said:
Invalid class: vw_XenForo_Route_PrefixAdmin_Wiki

Edit: I fixed my site. There was a blank index.html file added to my forum root. Very strange. Anyway, I'd like to try VaultWiki, but currently can't do it because of this error.

Last edited:
There was a blank index.html file added to my forum root. Very strange. Anyway, I'd like to try VaultWiki, but currently can't do it because of this error.
Did you by any chance try to install the mod using the AddonInstaller modification? It's not compatible with VaultWiki. You have to follow the VaultWiki install instructions here: https://www.vaultwiki.org/manual/VaultWiki-4-Manual/VW4:Running-the-VaultWiki-Install-Script
I see that the AddonInstaller mod claims that it can install any add-on (with bold-face). This is not a true claim, because it can neither install nor upgrade VaultWiki (at least not in the current release of the AddonInstaller).

Did you by any chance try to install the mod using the AddonInstaller modification?
I used Home > Add-ons > Install & Upgrade. I'm not sure if that is a modification or not. The screen looks like this:

Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 12.05.35 AM.webp

Edit: I did have a plug-in enabled called Add-on Install & Upgrade. Even when I disabled the plugin and tried to install without it, I got the same error message. This time though, it didn't mess up my site at all.
Edit 2: It worked when I uploaded the files into the right directory. The reason the Add-on Install & Upgrade plug-in doesn't work with it is that it puts the files into a different directory before installing.

The entire process did not work though. I got an error at 76% when running the install script. Here is the error:
Step 16
importing_template_modifications
importing_admin_template_modifications
An exception occurred: Invalid XML in forum/vault/core/controller/install/db/xml/admin_tms/xf-lite.xml in forum/library/XenForo/Helper/DevelopmentXml.php on line 20
  1. XenForo_Helper_DevelopmentXml::scanFile() in vault/core/controller/install/common/xf.php at line 475
  2. vw_Install_Common_Controller_XF->get_document() in vault/core/controller/install/common/xf.php at line 358
  3. vw_Install_Common_Controller_XF->do_template_modifications() in vault/core/controller/install/full/steps/xf.php at line 349
  4. {closure}() in vault/core/controller/progress/vw.php at line 100
  5. vw_Progress_Controller->call() in vault/core/controller/cp/progress/vw.php at line 45
  6. vw_CP_Progress_Controller->process() in vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 174
  7. vw_CP_Install_Controller->install() in vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php at line 76
  8. vw_CP_Install_Controller->execute() in library/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php at line 113
  9. vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionIndex() in library/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php at line 142
  10. vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionUpgrade() in library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in admin.php at line 13

Last edited:
EDIT: Confirmed. I believe the fix is simply to edit your vault/config.php file. After the copyright block, add:
Code:
define('VW_IS_LITE', true);

Last edited:
EDIT: Confirmed. I believe the fix is simply to edit your vault/config.php file. After the copyright block, add:
Code:
That did not work. I had to change:
PHP:
if (!defined('VW_IS_LITE'))
{
    define('VW_IS_LITE', false);
}
to:
PHP:
if (!defined('VW_IS_LITE'))
{
}
Edit: I just reread what you wrote, and it would have worked. This solution works too. I assumed you meant to add it to the bottom of the document instead of the top. I guess I make too many assumptions.

If I decide that I like it, what is the procedure for upgrading to the full version?

Edit 2: The Admin page looks really bad in Safari.
Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 7.42.58 PM.webp

Last edited:
The procedure for upgrading to full is pretty simple. It's basically the same as any other upgrade. Upload full on top of the Lite version. Then go to XenForo CP > Applications > VaultWiki > Run Upgrade Script.

I will check out Safari, thanks.

I have fixed the issue with installing VaultWiki in the latest version.

My add-on LOVES to see an upload directory. If it sees an upload directory, as is common with most XF add-ons, it knows the intention is to upload the contents of the upload directory to the root of XenForo.

That's all good until it finds ANOTHER one several directories deeper...

In the next version, I have changed the behaviour so that duplicate folder names are ignored, so only the first folder it finds that is allowed is used.
@Chris D has worked out the issue installing VaultWiki via his Add-on Installer in the next release of his add-on. @L30N, once you update the Add-on Installer to that release, that should resolve the issue you were facing installing VaultWiki.

Although arguably a useful function of VaultWiki, I've added information about its external callback in the Additional Requirements section:

"This add-on performs an external callback to a VaultWiki-operated server once per day to check for add-on updates, which are then displayed in the Admin Panel."

pegasus updated VaultWiki Lite with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.0

(released January 1, 2015)
  • Content Feeds for Showcasing Wiki Content
  • Merge Wiki Admin Panel into XenForo Admin Control Panel
  • Show Reported Wiki Content in XenForo Report Center
  • Use Admin Search to Find Wiki Admin Creations
  • Fixed URL rebuild not clearing post cache
  • Fixed Javascript breaking with PHP Suhosin patch
  • Fixed some illogical permission stacking for wiki headers
  • Fixed conflict with Nodes as Tabs makes a slow wiki
  • Fixed 'Patch Level' in version name...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom