Various Questions

Drae

I'm sounding out my community right now on Xenforo, and they all seem pretty impressed with the improvements its offers for us compared to our current software.

But there are more questions :)

Trophies
I tried to add images to them in my demo as advised in a previous pre-sales question and it failed. Could someone give a step-by-step so I can have this running when I've bought XF and have it up and running before the members start asking for the images please?

Is it possible to get the awards to show up underneath the avatars (or make it an option members chose) at a reduced size?

Under Avatars
Under the avatars, I know it is possible to have a few profile fields show up. Ideally I want to get some text links and the trophies to show up:

Development
Attached NPCs
OOC Alias (replaced with inputted information, no link)
OOC Location (not a link, replaced with inputted information)
Trophies/Trophy points

I noticed over on rpg-directory.com (who recently converted to XF) that avatars smaller than the maximum requirement didn't sit in the centre of the avatar space and still showed the avatar outline round it. Is there a way to center the avatar? (I'm assuming the avatar outline can be coded out per skin.)

Server Requirements
What are the actual server requirements so I can pick one that is compatable?

Another question: I'm hoping to move my members from our usual forum to a temporary one whilst we convert everything from Zetaboards to PHPBB to Xenforo, and was hoping we could use a subdomain for the Xenforo whilst that's going on, then move our usual domain onto our Xenforo forum. Will that work or will that mean we have to pay for the license twice?

Other than the Trophies one (which I have never done), I can state that you can definitely add stuff under the Avatar and also fiddle with the Avatar block coding.

As you can see with the enclosed screen shot, I added some info below and otherwise messed around with the Avatar block.
Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 8.23.53 PM.webp

Another question: I'm hoping to move my members from our usual forum to a temporary one whilst we convert everything from Zetaboards to PHPBB to Xenforo, and was hoping we could use a subdomain for the Xenforo whilst that's going on, then move our usual domain onto our Xenforo forum. Will that work or will that mean we have to pay for the license twice?

Yes that works. You don't have to pay twice. There is no rigid activation or anything. Just install the forum and then move it when you are ready.

I noticed over on rpg-directory.com (who recently converted to XF) that avatars smaller than the maximum requirement didn't sit in the centre of the avatar space and still showed the avatar outline round it. Is there a way to center the avatar? (I'm assuming the avatar outline can be coded out per skin.)

Small avatars are actually upsized, except for the large versions which are not resized. They have modified their style to use the large avatars in posts. That's why. Normally the large avatars only show in member cards and profile pages.

Under Avatars
Under the avatars, I know it is possible to have a few profile fields show up. Ideally I want to get some text links and the trophies to show up:

Normally used in conjunction with custom user fields, here are basic instructions:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-user-field-check-box-w-image.33288/#post-379981

Thank you for all your help guys. I can get to buying now :)

Two weird set-up questions (or maybe not so weird):
Once we have the database from ZB and it's converted ready for XF, to install it so all the threads and whatnot go in the right places, do we have to create essentially a duplicate of the current forum layout of our ZB? (eg, node, then forum with two sub-forums etc)

Is there a quick way (preferably not manually editing them per post) to fix links in posts that link to other threads on the forum if they break during conversion? And will they break?

Edit: Dumb question and I think I know what it is, but just in case - what's a test script?

ZB is Zetaboards. Ashkir kindly offered to convert us from ZB to PHPBB to XF.

Not sure I'm tech-saavy enough to sort out the links after looking at your linked to thread. This is my first time moving into paid-hosting and stuff - most technical I've gotten is CSS and HTML.

Edit: Dumb question and I think I know what it is, but just in case - what's a test script?

whc.png

Top Bottom