Utah Fishkeepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was just offering a idea carp, you must remember every post you make is like an ambassador for your site, act rude etc and it reflects badly on your site

There are virtually no local general pet forums. Also, I am not interested in running a local pet forum. Local fish forums have a place in the fishkeeping hobby, unlike local pet forums.

Utah pet owners?! Are you serious? A utah pet owners forum would be just plain stupid.
Why? people could get to know other local people with similar animals, walk each other's dogs. Post videos of their cats doing strange things. Feed their pets when on holiday.

No wait, maybe not such a good idea

Why? people could get to know other local people with similar animals, walk each other's dogs. Post videos of their cats doing strange things. Feed their pets when on holiday.

No wait, maybe not such a good idea
Was good until the last bit :D

I could see a site for a state that also allowed pet registry and a "lost & found" database. Would be fairly easy to get the word out to the Humane Society and drive traffic to it that way.
BUT - and this is a BIG BUT - it would take money to integrate the features that I could see being useful. A simple forum would not cut it. Might as well do a Facebook Page.

A chicken leg band registry could be accomplished with showcase.

How about a fish leg band registry? :)

Seriously, I understand why you may not want to branch out into a general pet site, but to me it seems that being local and a small niche is going to be very restricting.

If it was me (which it isn't so no need to take this as advice) I would think about making it either not (or less) local, or broadening the category. Maybe to cover not just fish but amphibians or even reptiles. or anything in an indoor tank whether it's an aquarium or vivarium or terrarium or other kind of arium

How about a fish leg band registry? :)

Seriously, I understand why you may not want to branch out into a general pet site, but to me it seems that being local and a small niche is going to be very restricting.

If it was me (which it isn't so no need to take this as advice) I would think about making it either not (or less) local, or broadening the category. Maybe to cover not just fish but amphibians or even reptiles. or anything in an indoor tank whether it's an aquarium or vivarium or terrarium or other kind of arium
There are a lot of successful local fish forums. A good amount of them are saltwater only and they are very successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom