Utah Fishkeepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the avatar you should take out more than anything.

People who do that seem to think it looks clever. It doesn't. It says "this site is run by someone power crazy who loves to ban people and delete stuff". And so nobody signs up, they stick to Facebook where that sort of thing mostly doesn't happen.

The avatar is there so I don't have to delete creepy avatars.
Eh? Just remove the avatar and leave it blank if it bothers you. Takes about four seconds.

Showing a banned avatar is a bad idea on a site with no members. Not going to argue interminably about this, it's advice from an experienced forum owner, you can take it or leave it.

Eh? Just remove the avatar and leave it blank if it bothers you. Takes about four seconds.

Showing a banned avatar is a bad idea on a site with no members. Not going to argue interminably about this, it's advice from an experienced forum owner, you can take it or leave it.
My site has 30 members not counting the banned ones.

My site has 30 members not counting the banned ones.
And how many of them post regularly?

Look, I"m trying to help but as always you're picking an argument with people trying to give you advice. If you want to keep the banned avatar then keep it, but it's a bad idea.

Sorry. I don't want to damage my site, but I don't want to uninstall the add-on.
Think of it like this. If you do remove the add-on and clear out the banned notices.
  • You'll be taking a high road. This is a good thing!
  • You'll also be saving some overhead from that add-on on your site, even if it's minuscule. The default grey avatars are perfect for permanently banned users.
  • It's just more aesthetically clean. Clean and tidy is good, very good.
  • Mentioned above, you'll be removing that off-setting display to guests that could be potential contributing members!
TAZ, for example, doesn't have anything that immediately shows when a user is banned until you go visit their profile, which then just says their profile isn't available. As someone that wishes you the best with your site and is hoping you make it a success, it might not be a bad idea to consider this change. In the end, it's your site, though. The final decision is left up to you.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom