Utah Fishkeepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
@whynot I suggest you post in the Troubleshooting forum to get the issue resolved so this thread isn't derailed any further.
Without this thread I would never find out that there is some bug in the system.
I can live with it, hopefully in XF2 it won't exist.

A new member joined. Hopefully UFK has been saved.
I hope my site dosen't have too bad of a reputation. What if Joey has read this thread? :cry:

You have basicly 0 users right now, so not a bad time to do mistakes and leave bad characteristics (e.g. "will my site fail?" posts, which I have to agree, are really annoying) behind.

You are doing it again. If you make posts like that people just give you a facepalm. If that is what you think you should atleast keep your thoughts to yourself, but in the best case you should get rid of this way of thinking, because one member won't do anything to your site and your current reputation around a not yet existing userbase is irrelevant.

Even if he reads it and he decides to leave, you don't want your userbase to be just 3-4 users, more like 400 and you will always have to let go of users which at one point were very important to your site. From the users which joined in the first year of my site I know of just 2 who are still there, but I gained a lot of other new people along the way. People come and go.

@whynot @CarpCharacin the hard delete option you have is not a bug as @Brogan has said. You have something incorrect in your setups. This will still be the same when you move to XF2 as it's not a bug.

You need to post in the relevant support forum to get this resolved. Don't just ignore this, post and get it sorted. It may help others by doing so and avoid you giving unintentional hard delete permissions to others on your forums.

I am going to invite more members to join my site. I am not going to let it fail. My site is almost 2 years old and I have put tons of hard work into it. I don't think that it has a 'comical' reputation and I think that it would be egregious to say that it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom