Using page nodes as a CMS for articles?

Deepmartini

Does this make sense? Good idea? Bad? I have articles to post and feel stupid putting them in a forum called "articles". How soon can we get a fully integrated CMS? 1.1? Later?

I'm using a Page as a 'home' page.
I considered adding the latest few posts to it but feedback from my members suggested that they didn't find it that useful and instead just use What's New, Recent Activity or manually check the forums.

I still maintain that you're better off just posting the articles as a thread in an appropriate forum and them promoting it to a XenPorta front page rather than segregating them into a separate "Articles" system. Very excited to see Jaxel's added XenDiario (Blogs) as his latest project. Conceptually it bids fair to be the community blogging solution we've been looking for for 3-4 years.

Look forward to seeing Rag's article solution though, anything and everything that extends the base system and provides more options is all to the good! :)

I still maintain that you're better off just posting the articles as a thread in an appropriate forum and them promoting it to a XenPorta front page rather than segregating them into a separate "Articles" system.
Why ?

Very excited to see Jaxel's added XenDiario (Blogs) as his latest project. Conceptually it bids fair to be the community blogging solution we've been looking for for 3-4 years.
Where can I read some details ?

Also, can you post some pretty pictures here on this thread? I can't see your tiny thumnails on your site because you have to be a member. Looks like a stellar mod. Maybe Xenforo should buy some of these mods to put into core and save them tons of time of reinventing the wheel!

How would this work if Xenforo releases a CMS? Would it break my site? Do I have to repost all my articles? Where do the articles actually sit, in their own table or system?
It's a mix because we tried to use the xenforo framework for EVERYTHING, to not brake the system and to have the same UI for xf & the article system:D
The categories data are in 2 tables (nodes + own table)
The articles are stored in in a own table.

Top Bottom