1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using page nodes as a CMS for articles?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Deepmartini, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Does this make sense? Good idea? Bad? I have articles to post and feel stupid putting them in a forum called "articles". How soon can we get a fully integrated CMS? 1.1? Later?
    kyrgyz likes this.
  2. Shelby

Shelby Active Member

Would probably be far easier to edit templates and just make the first post of a thread appear as an article and the subsequent replies look like comments.
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

I'm working ATM on an article system.
    If you're interested i need some testers in 2-3 weeks;)
    JVCode, Todd, DoctorWatsOn and 3 others like this.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm using a Page as a 'home' page.
    I considered adding the latest few posts to it but feedback from my members suggested that they didn't find it that useful and instead just use What's New, Recent Activity or manually check the forums.
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  5. Gregory

Gregory Member

I'm going to be interested in article submissions as well.
  6. Deepmartini

How soon could we possibly get a built-in CMS? 1 to 3 months? 6 months? 1 year or more? An idea of timeframe would be helpful.
  7. principia

principia Well-Known Member

as ragtek postet: first testversion in a view weeks (2-3)
  8. ragtek

ragtek Guest

i'm working on an article system and not an cms!
  9. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

I still maintain that you're better off just posting the articles as a thread in an appropriate forum and them promoting it to a XenPorta front page rather than segregating them into a separate "Articles" system. Very excited to see Jaxel's added XenDiario (Blogs) as his latest project. Conceptually it bids fair to be the community blogging solution we've been looking for for 3-4 years.

Look forward to seeing Rag's article solution though, anything and everything that extends the base system and provides more options is all to the good! :)
    nora and FredC like this.
  10. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Sounds like Crap to me. :ROFLMAO: jk, jk.. :sneaky:
  11. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Oh don't worry... it is.
  12. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Why ?

Where can I read some details ?
  13. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

At least its spelled different. :D
  14. ajnos

ajnos Member

15. principia

principia Well-Known Member

this looks great. Only one week to wait ?
  16. ajnos

ajnos Member

If we finish the templates;) (2 developers and both have no css knowledge^^ )
  17. Deepmartini

How would this work if Xenforo releases a CMS? Would it break my site? Do I have to repost all my articles? Where do the articles actually sit, in their own table or system?
  18. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

Walter likes this.
  19. Deepmartini

Also, can you post some pretty pictures here on this thread? I can't see your tiny thumnails on your site because you have to be a member. Looks like a stellar mod. Maybe Xenforo should buy some of these mods to put into core and save them tons of time of reinventing the wheel!
    DoctorWatsOn likes this.
  20. ajnos

ajnos Member

It's a mix because we tried to use the xenforo framework for EVERYTHING, to not brake the system and to have the same UI for xf & the article system:D
    The categories data are in 2 tables (nodes + own table)
    The articles are stored in in a own table.