1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using forum PMs

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ryan Kent, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

I truly didn't want to start this thread out of embarrassment but I can't figure out how to send a forum PM [​IMG] If someone could plz share then hopefully this thread will get locked and buried deep!
    erich37 likes this.
  2. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

They are called Conversations in XF. Click on my avatar and you'll see 'Start a Conversation'
  3. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

ah, ok I was able to do such, I thought PMs were something different from a conversation. ty
  4. GofD

GofD Well-Known Member

I agree the wording is a little vague considering we're all accustomed to 'Private Messages.' Perhaps 'Personal Conversation' would cover it? I might change our phrase to that so that it's clear that it's personal/private, but doesn't preclude the option to include other people in the convo.
    erich37 likes this.
  5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

On our forum I changed the phrase 'Conversations' to 'PM / Conversations'. While not the perfect solution I've yet to have a confused member, which was the goal.