Using DigitalOcean Spaces or Amazon S3 for file storage in XF 2.1+

Using DigitalOcean Spaces or Amazon S3 for file storage in XF 2.1+

No permission to download

eDaddi

AFAIK, there is no solution to caching images and attachments outside of Xenforo while protecting files.

I just got dinged nearly $500, unexpectedly, from Cloudflare for accelerated data transfer. From what I understand, if I put everything on Backblaze, I’d avoid this charge. So I’m back to looking at this. Is it possible to prevent images from a specific private node from being pushed to the CDN?

Last edited:

JOGARA

I just got dinged nearly $500, unexpectedly, from Cloudflare for accelerated data transfer. From what I understand, if I put everything on Bcakbkaze, I’d avoid this charge. So I’m back to looking at this. Is it possible to prevent images from a specific private node from being pushed to the CDN?
I don't don't have a clue what you are on about tbh.
Cloudflare should not be charging you for anything unless you subscribe to it.

How much data are you pushing through them?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Not yet fully compatible.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
We're aiming for initial support in XF 2.2.8.

Part of that effort flagged up this which I wanted to get released now so I didn't forget.

But, regardless, PHP 8.1 has not yet been released and it would be strongly ill-advised to even contemplate using PHP 8.1 in production until it has been through a few releases (and maybe even until we've been a through a few...)

BubbaLovesCheese

We're aiming for initial support in XF 2.2.8.

Part of that effort flagged up this which I wanted to get released now so I didn't forget.

But, regardless, PHP 8.1 has not yet been released and it would be strongly ill-advised to even contemplate using PHP 8.1 in production until it has been through a few releases (and maybe even until we've been a through a few...)

Gotcha, thanks.

That's what I sort of thought was happening, but I just wanted clarify and make sure I wasn't losing the plot.

Thanks.

Ralle

I like this guide, but I had a few problems.

• We need to URL redirect any instances of users linking to /data/ to my-cdn.com/data.
  • We also need to rebuild master data if we have any uploaded styles that use ASSET: prefix. When rebuilt, the asset paths will be updated to the new data URL.

Aside from that it has been smooth sailing for me.

Good job.

Ralle

Stuff like avatars are direct linked right? It’s not so uncommon to put someone’s avatar in a IMG.