Using Digital Ocean Spaces or Amazon S3 for internal_data / attachments

BruceW

I am curious if anyone who is using an S3 platform for attachment storage can provide feedback on how it is working. I know that add-on(s) exist to do so and that it could be accomplished by mounting the S3 as a file system. My non forum experience is that S3 is efficient for storage of large files but less efficient with large numbers of small files. Using S3 for attachment storage would reduce the cost five fold. So I am interested to know how S3 is working for those that are using it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

We are using Digital Ocean Spaces for about 0.5 mln attachments. Everything is fine.

Thank you, glad to hear it.

May I ask how you are using DO Spaces? Are you using an add-on, did you mount the space directly? Also are you using the CDN function that is provided by spaces?

Are you using an add-on, did you mount the space directly?
Spaces is connected according this instruction

Also we have BD Attachment store for the direct links to attachments. But this option may me unnecessary for you.

Also are you using the CDN function that is provided by spaces?
Currently we use Cloudflare for static caching. However, DO CDN is pretty simple, fast and free, and Spaces supports custom subdomain names, so you can use it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom