• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Using Custom User Fields with User Group Promotions

Using Custom User Fields with User Group Promotions

Yeah.

There is custom user field criteria within User Group Promotions.

So you would need 3 separate promotions.

One that applies when the choice for that field is "Christian".
One that applies when the choice is "Athiest".
One that applies when "Undecided".

If a user selects two of them, the two corresponding promotions will apply and they will be a member of both groups.

It's then just a case of setting/revoking permissions accordingly on the node for those groups.
Thank you, i'll mess around with this.

But,
If a user selects two of them, the two corresponding promotions will apply and they will be a member of both groups.
What if I only want them to be able to choose one? I obviously dont want someone to be able to choose and be able to see the Atheist group/forum AND the christian goup/forum - I need them to only be able to belong to one

I really appreciate your help!

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Then you need it to be radio button type field instead of checkboxes. Or a select drop down. Both of these options will require it to be filled in, and only allow one answer.

Then you need it to be radio button type field instead of checkboxes. Or a select drop down. Both of these options will require it to be filled in, and only allow one answer.
Oh sheesh.
Please correct me if this is against board rules, but would it be at all possible to pay you to do this service for me?
This is the last detail holding us back from opening the forum.

If not I will sit down and try to work it out again :O

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
It appears you've already created 3 fields that are checkboxes. You just need to create a new field, specify the radio buttons type, and add the three desired choices. I'm pretty sure if you've gotten this far, you'll be able to sort it on your own :)

It appears you've already created 3 fields that are checkboxes. You just need to create a new field, specify the radio buttons type, and add the three desired choices. I'm pretty sure if you've gotten this far, you'll be able to sort it on your own :)
Got it!

Okay last question, I promise, Node permissions.
How exactly do I get it so that EVERYONE, even guests, can read threads and posts but NOT vote - other than one specific user group?
I've tried several times now and I cant seem to get it where a group can read both threads and posts but cant post...