1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Using an iframe

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by AndreaMarucci, Nov 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

Could be very handy to use an iframe in messages to include maps or something like that. I'm tha admin and I've tried with no luck.

There's something I've to set to do that or do I need a separate addon?

I know that there could be security problems but I'd like to keep this feature for myself so that only I and eventually the mod can use it, not all the users.

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You would need to create a custom bb code for each specific use case.

BB codes can't be restricted to specific members - you would need an add-on to do that.

3. AndreaMarucci

You're meaning that if I want to include google map, I can create a BB for this use or that I've to create a BB code for each google map I want to embed?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You create a bb code which would allow you to embed any Google map.

5. AndreaMarucci

Thanks brogan. Not able to do that but I'll search around if there's something I can adapt...

6. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

Use a parsehtml tag addon. Insert iframe code within the tags. Trusted members get access to that on my site

7. AndreaMarucci

Seen that but the author has disappeared and someone has posted this

8. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

There are more than one parsehtml addons available for xenforo. Not all of them are distributed via the resource manager here - for good reason due to developer issues. However their parsehtml works great. Ive bought both. The one listed on here had far too many issues.