Fixed Using 2 Emoji's in a Row on Firefox

Murphy to understand that you just can't be sure when the opposite occurs too (all forums except Xen).
There is just no way to say what is causing it.
Fairly simple to understand. EVERY other browser works fine. ONE browser doesn't. Now, where does the issue MOST LIKELY lie? In a script that NO OTHER browser has issue with, or a single browser that has issues? Occam's Razor would indicate the most likely scenario is the singular browser being at fault and not the script that ALL other major browsers have no issues with.

Fairly simple to understand. EVERY other browser works fine. ONE browser doesn't.
In -any- other case I would normally totally agree with you.
But you KEEP hammering on this point. And I can keep saying it's just as simple that it works on EVERY other forum, ONE forum it doesn't.
That's a very important contradiction which normally does not take place in these situations.

So there just is no most likely in this case. You won't convince me about that even if you write it a 100 of times.
In any other scenario I would agree with you instantly. In this case there is just no being sure and no most likely either.

You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine which is just as valid in this situation and there is no convincing possible. End of story.

Who says forums are dead?

Three pages of discussion on an obscure browser bug in one day!

Go forums!

Old School Yes GIF

Yep, they're getting more and more "inter-related"...
So, we simply opened the window WIDER to browsers that don't have the issue when comparing to a singular browser that does. :eek::LOL:

If I have members abandoning posts because they can't put to emojis together... there are bigger issues. :eek:
I totally agree but as I posted earlier that is not the issue I originally described but it was deemed to have the same root cause.

The problem I'm posting about is once a single smiley is placed, your cursor is planted to the left of it. While it's easy enough to keep typing which pushes the smiley continually to the right it seems it's not intuitive for some people to do that and they abandon the post, or so they say.

Perhaps I should start a new bug report because there does seem to be a lot of confusion over this.

The problem I'm posting about is once a single smiley is placed, your cursor is planted to the left of it. While it's easy enough to keep typing which pushes the smiley continually to the right it seems it's not intuitive for some people to do that and they abandon the post, or so they say.
Workaround 1: Press cursor down
Workaround 2: Manually close the smilie window by clicking the x

Workaround 1: Press cursor down
Workaround 2: Manually close the smilie window by clicking the x
Indeed, I could even create a browser determined pop-up to display the workaround to members...

Personally I don't find workarounds professional or acceptable when it comes to using an editor nor do I feel inclined to tell members to use a different browser. As far as I'm aware Firefox is a supported browser?

What would be useful, certainly to me, is to know whether or not this confirmed bug is likely to receive any attention from the developers.

Last edited:
What would be useful, certainly to me, is to know whether of not this confirmed bug is likely to receive any attention from the developers.
It already has attention, otherwise it would not be confirmed.

The challenge is that there does not seem to be any acceptable workaround for Firefox changing selection position when it's only asked to return the current selection (which seems to be root cause for this).

So unless Firefox developers change this it might be more or less impossible for XenForo developers to do much here.

Last edited:
Reminds me SO much of IE folks griping when IE didn't work like every other browser did. Point finger elsewhere, meanwhile every other finger was pointing back at them.

Top Bottom