Fixed Using 2 Emoji's in a Row on Firefox

I'm on 2.2.10 patch level 1. And with Firefox the issue still occurs, so it's not fixed yet. :confused:

It's even worse now. I tried to get my cursor after the last 2 smilies (which were on the next line) and I won't succeed, so now I'm writing this in between the line with smilies. Pelase fix.

:confused::confused:

Thanks for your reply. I always thought add-ons (paid or unpaid) were developed to enhance features not to fix bugs for an extra cost.
I completely agree with you! I’m sure this’ll be fixed in the near future, but some external developers are just a little faster with a work around and charge you for it.

Just sit back and relax, it’ll be fixed soon for sure! 😄 No need to buy an additional addon.

I guess this is what's known as a bump.

I really can't put into words how irritating this issue has become, not just for me as a forum member but also for the many Firefox users who complain to me on the forums I admin. It may seem trivial but I for one would be happy to see browser specific code that disables Smilies for Firefox.

I'm well aware there is at least one third party fix but it doesn't help me if the forum I'm a member of doesn't implement it.

I for one would be happy to see browser specific code that disables Smilies for Firefox.
You mean disabling smilies for Firefox so Firefox users can't use them anymore? That would be even worse. In that case you can better disable smilies for your forums totally.
Otherwise you are making a discriminating difference and users will start complaining they are not really free to use the browser they want because otherwise they can't use smilies anymore.

That's a worse solution than waiting.

if it's a browser specific issue, then it seems that the issue lay with the FireFox developers and those complaining need to be addressing it at the appropriate target, as I don't expect other developers to code around a weakness/issue in the browser.

Now, if there is something specific in the XF code that is causing this, then it does need to be fixed.

No thank you, I shouldn't need to buy an addon for some bug which should basically be fixed by Xenforo. :)
Why should XF fix what appears to amount to a browser issue? Do you mean "back yard engineer a solution to over-ride a poor browser developers coding" solution instead? Personally, if it's limited to one browser, it's a pretty good indicator that it's a code issue on the browser part. Would you not expect the cause of the issue to fix it? Isn't it rather ironic that other browsers don't suffer this issue? I wonder why that could be? ;) :sneaky:
:eek::rolleyes:

Why should XF fix what appears to amount to a browser issue?
Because they promised to do so.
Ofcourse in fact if it's really a Firefox issue then Firefox should fix the issue. But then Xenforo should state that it's not their problem and FF should fix it. Instead in another thread they confirmed the bug and stated they would fix it within one of the next releases. ;)

So that's why I do expect the cause of the issue to fix it, but expect Xenforo to do it sooner. :)

Don't promise things if you don't intend to live up to your promises. 😎
And knowing Xenforo, they do live up to their promises, so this raises some expectations. Does that clarify my comment for you?

Isn't it rather ironic that other browsers don't suffer this issue?
Wondering about your argument... is it really a browser issue? When using the same argument you do, then why for example doesn't phpBB, SMF and IPB suffer the same issue with FF? Oke IPB puts smilies piece by piece, but still same row, as do the others (didn't test other forum software).
That's ironic too.

So that's why I do expect the cause of the issue to fix it, but expect Xenforo to do it sooner. :)
Chris already stated that its an issue only firefox back here in this post.

That was in September of last year, I don't think at this point XF will do anything to fix it.

Chris already stated that its an issue only firefox back here in this post.

That was in September of last year, I don't think at this point XF will do anything to fix it.
How many times have you contacted the FireFox developers to fix an apparent issue in THEIR browser. Would it not cause you to scratch your head and make you wonder why on OTHER browsers did not have that issue? I know if I had a vehicle that started with other 12v batteries but not one from a specific vendor I would not be contacting the vehicle manufacturer about the issue, but the battery manufacturer.

Top Bottom