XF 1.1 Users Can't Confirm Account

sammyman

Users can't seem to confirm their account. They click on the link and it doesn't get validated. Any ideas of what this could be?

It says something like page not found. I did change the url to community/ from forum/, but had problems getting the /community/ to stick.

The url was to a community/ url, but I just changed it to /forum/ again and restarted the server and am testing. I have a VPS, and have the option to do a graceful restart and forceful restart. I just did a forceful restart.... Hoping this will fix it.

Remove the trailing slash if you have entered one, as it explains below the field:

The primary URL to your board. Do not include a trailing "/" or "index.php". The URL should look similar to this: http://www.example.com/forum

I have removed the trailing slash, and restarted the server and now the url is correct, but I am still getting the error.

Forums - Error
The requested page could not be found.

Edit: Wait a second, it may be /forum instead of /forums... I'm changing it now. Wish I could make it /community without problems with my server.

Just wondering about something here? Have you by chance edited the .htaccess file and removed the "#" from "#RewriteBase /xenforo" to use it. Also, were is your .htaccess file located? In the Root (public_html), or in your forums folder with the rest of the files (were it should be)?

Top Bottom