XF 1.2 Users Being Logged Out When Checking Remember Me

In version 1.1.3 the remember me cookie is set for 7 days. I just checked for v1.2b5 it's 30 days. So I don't know when the change was made. You can check the code at:

library/Xenforo/Model/User.php

check line #1319 or there about.

This is the line you want to check, the 30 represents 30 days:

XenForo_Helper_Cookie::setCookie('user', $value, 30 * 86400, true);

Last edited:
One person in that thread said he has to do it once a week. I have been upgrading xenForo once every week on that site since the Beta's started coming out. I wonder if the upgrade process destroys cookies or something when it is done?

I (and my members) are having the same problem here (the auto-log out). It seems to happen even when changing between forum nodes / threads. I have checked my User.php, as well as deleted all cookies related to my forum. I am seeing this in Chrome and Safari, and others are reporting it in Chrome and FireFox. Any ideas? Is there anything I can provide to help troubleshoot this?

Count me as another person with this problem on my website after upgrading yesterday to 1.2. It just happened to me. Logged in, clicked a thread, click a different link and I was logged out. There's no prompt, you just realize that the login bar is back at the top.

It seems to have stopped on my end. I really believe it had something to do with upgrading 1.2. Every single time I would upgrade during the Beta and RC phases I would get complaints about this. We will see what happens when 1.2.1 comes out.

Check if the xf_user cookie is set correctly and with the right domain and expiration date. If you see at my screenshot, the cookie is set to expire 30 days from now.

I usually log in using facebook, so I don't use the xf_user cookie. I will start using it to see if I can reproduce it.

upload_2013-8-16_13-24-49.webp

I have the same issue. I try to log in with the facebook, without facebook. I can't keep me logged... when I try to answer some topic... I'm being logged out.

I try to rebuild the forum via /install... I disable all addons... but nothing works.

Top Bottom