1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Users Being Logged Out When Checking Remember Me

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by BamaStangGuy, Jul 24, 2013.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Steqheu likes this.
  2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

In version 1.1.3 the remember me cookie is set for 7 days. I just checked for v1.2b5 it's 30 days. So I don't know when the change was made. You can check the code at:

check line #1319 or there about.

This is the line you want to check, the 30 represents 30 days:

XenForo_Helper_Cookie::setCookie('user', $value, 30 * 86400, true);
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  3. BamaStangGuy

One person in that thread said he has to do it once a week. I have been upgrading xenForo once every week on that site since the Beta's started coming out. I wonder if the upgrade process destroys cookies or something when it is done?
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Cookies aren't destroyed on upgrades. How often does that user visit?
  5. BamaStangGuy

He frequents the site. It seems they only complain about having to login right after an upgrade though.
  6. BamaStangGuy

7. zagman76

zagman76 Member

I (and my members) are having the same problem here (the auto-log out). It seems to happen even when changing between forum nodes / threads. I have checked my User.php, as well as deleted all cookies related to my forum. I am seeing this in Chrome and Safari, and others are reporting it in Chrome and FireFox. Any ideas? Is there anything I can provide to help troubleshoot this?
    Steqheu likes this.
  8. rtr2006

rtr2006 Member

Count me as another person with this problem on my website after upgrading yesterday to 1.2. It just happened to me. Logged in, clicked a thread, click a different link and I was logged out. There's no prompt, you just realize that the login bar is back at the top.
  9. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

I have the same issue, I thought it was because my work computer
  10. rtr2006

rtr2006 Member

How do we get support for this? Is this posted in the right place?
  11. wickedstangs

yes its posted in the right spot.. If it wasnt the mods are quick to move...
    rtr2006 likes this.
  12. BamaStangGuy

It seems to have stopped on my end. I really believe it had something to do with upgrading 1.2. Every single time I would upgrade during the Beta and RC phases I would get complaints about this. We will see what happens when 1.2.1 comes out.
  13. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

Check if the xf_user cookie is set correctly and with the right domain and expiration date. If you see at my screenshot, the cookie is set to expire 30 days from now.

I usually log in using facebook, so I don't use the xf_user cookie. I will start using it to see if I can reproduce it.

14. wickedstangs

15. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

Seems ok on Xenforo.com. Are you being logged out here?
  16. wickedstangs

If I close my screen and go to another site, and come back to xenforo. I have to log in again...
  17. Vanessa Cursino

Vanessa Cursino Active Member

I have the same issue. I try to log in with the facebook, without facebook. I can't keep me logged... when I try to answer some topic... I'm being logged out.

I try to rebuild the forum via /install... I disable all addons... but nothing works.
  18. rtr2006

rtr2006 Member

Still, same issue.
  19. Steqheu

Steqheu Member

20. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Well-Known Member

Having the same issue.