Username/Password Config Option?

I'm trying to configure Enhanced Search to connect to ObjectRocket which is a hosted ElasticSearch instance.

I use Rackspace Cloud Sites so I don't have the option of installing the repos on my own servers. Since ObjectRocket is a Rackspace service that offers ElasticSearch as a Service I can connect to the hosted ElasticSearch on the ServiceNet of Rackspace with no external connections.

The only hitch is that I need to connect to the instance via Username/Password.

is there any config file in Enhanced Search or elsewhere that will accomplish this?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It's not something we explicitly support (as Elasticsearch itself doesn't support authentication).

You may be able to change the host name specified in the options to "username:password@hostname" to do this though.

I am not trying to be argumentative but ElasticSearch does support username/password in its repo. Can you tell me where, in the files the info is being passed to the node so I might be able to get some help on doing this?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Well it's done through an extension system rather than the core part of Elasticsearch.

The connection is made through the XenES_Api class.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Yes, library/XenES/Api.php. The URL to connect to is built in the __construct function.