Not a bug Username Changes Not Reflected on the Forum List

Amaury

The only way to fix this is to rebuild the forum information, but this was not an issue before XenForo 1.2.

I took screenshots of the issue on KH-Vids, one of the sites I frequent. Jayn, an administrator, changed someone's name and confirmed that by posting. She later went back to her roots, but her post still shows her previous username (Mrs. Claus).

GBta3kS.png

pWIK7Cx.png

This is not an issue on the discussion list, just the forum list:

nFI6uQ3.png

Is this 1.2.4 and was the rename done in 1.2.4?

Had to ask a staff member because I don't administrate nor staff there, I just used it for screenshots. They are on 1.2.3 and the change happened on 1.2.3.

It also happens here, where I do administrate, which is running 1.2.2.

Have they updated to 1.2.4? Did the username change occur after the update?

See post #3. They are on 1.2.3.

I'm only a member, but I'm using that site for screenshots since it's the only site I'm active on that does name changes and this is happening on. You'll need to ask @mistypants if you want any detailed information since it's her site. :)

Well, I'm unable to reproduce this with 1.2.4. I think the change was made for 1.2.3, but I'm not positive.

What version is this board running?

Because I have a conversation with a user on here who has changed their name and it still appears as their old username, in the conversation list. However when I open it, the convo shows their new username. Also on the conversation list it shows the 'last post' by their new username.

Is this the intended way it supposed to work?

What version is this board running?

Because I have a conversation with a user on here who has changed their name and it still appears as their old username, in the conversation list. However when I open it, the convo shows their new username. Also on the conversation list it shows the 'last post' by their new username.

Is this the intended way it supposed to work?

When was the conversation originally started?

It's a design issue, unlikely to be particularly feasible to fix.

Seems Rebuild Forum Information is the only way to fix this currently.

4th Jan 2014

Okay, then that was after XenForo Community updated to XenForo 1.2.4. If the conversation was started on XenForo 1.2.3, I was gonna say that if XenForo 1.2.4 did fix the issue, the fix probably wasn't retroactive.

Last edited:
I just had this tested on here, which just updated to XenForo 1.2.4 yesterday, by @PlooRamsey, one of the administrators on there, and the username change was reflected. I had my name temporarily changed to Amaury-san, and the latest post for Community News & Projects, which was mine, updated from Amaury to Amaury-san and then from Amaury-san to Amaury. It also got the latest post, which was mine again, for Kingdom Hearts Handheld Games, and it changed from Maru to Amaury-san and then from Amaury-san to Amaury.

Maru was my previous username before I went back to Amaury. My name was changed when KH-V was on XenForo 1.2.3, so it stayed stuck on Maru.

So it seems XenForo 1.2.4 did fix this, it just wasn't retroactive. Running Rebuild Forum Information should fix the outdated usernames on the forum list and conversations list. It did for me when Ponyville, @Nights' site, was on XenForo 1.2.2 and having this issue.

Amaury and brucey are reporting two separate issues. Amaury's isn't a bug.

Actually, I believe he is reporting the same issue I was reporting. I also mentioned usernames being outdated in the conversations list.

However, this was fixed in XenForo 1.2.4, and running Rebuild Forum Information should fix what I was reporting, as I previously mentioned.

Top Bottom