1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change quote method so username changes are reflected in prior quote headings

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by CyclingTribe, Apr 27, 2012.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

At the moment if I change someone's username the change is visually reflected in the postbit and elsewhere and applied to all previous posts/profile comments, etc. However, it doesn't change for quotes - where someone has quoted the person, their "old" username is still displayed.

Can I request that this be changed so the username is parsed from the ID on thread loading - which will reflect any future name changes?

I presume it's currently done this way to save on multiple queries per page load, but if it wouldn't have a big loading penalty I'd like to see it introduced to keep name-change consistency.

Thanks,
    Shaun :D

2. CyclingTribe

I've just noticed the "like" userlist also retains the previous name. ;)

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you do a search on these issues you will see where they have been discussed before and why those changes aren't applied to old content.

4. CyclingTribe

I did search, but unfortunately didn't find those discussions - if it's been covered, no worries. (y)