UserGroupPromotion

UserGroupPromotion 1.0.3

No permission to download

JohnLogar

JohnLogar submitted a new resource:

UserGroupPromotion - This addon is used to award additional user group on regisration instantly.

This simple addon is used to upgrade usergroup instantly on registration without usergroup promotion functionality. There is an option from the backend where you just select the single or multiple usergroup and selected usergroup will be given as secondary usegroup on registration.

Read more about this resource...

No, it's currently not filled by custom field. But we can use it for custom fields with little modification.

Is there a way to get rid of the Retailer stuff on registration? How do I remove this? I'm running XenForo 2.2 and cannot find where to remove this from my registration page.

What do you mean by Retailer stuff?

Meanwhile, register_form is the template where all fields and data regarding registration loading.

What do you mean by Retailer stuff?

Meanwhile, register_form is the template where all fields and data regarding registration loading.
Sorry for the late reply.

I have already checked the register_form template and every template associated with registration. By retailer stuff I mean when someone is registering for my site at the bottom of the registration form there is this:

Registration Screen:

screenshot.webp

I changed the phrases to be blank.....

Phrases Screen:

screen2.webp

Originally it said "Your account will be register as retailer if you select the option." or "You want to register as retailer?" don't remember which one as I've made them both blank. Retailers have absolutely nothing to do with my site.

Here is the "template_modifications.xml" code that refers to retailers, but I realize this is just to add a template which is no where to be found.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<template_modifications>
<modification type="public" template="register_form" modification_key="cb_add_retailer" description="Add retailer checkbox" execution_order="10" enabled="1" action="str_replace">
<find><![CDATA[ <xf:macro template="register_macros" name="custom_fields" />]]></find>
<replace><![CDATA[$0
<xf:checkboxrow label="Retailer" hint="{{phrase('cb_is_retailer_exp')}}">
<xf:option name="cb_is_retailer" label="{{ phrase('cb_is_retailer') }}" />
</xf:checkboxrow>]]></replace>
</modification>
</template_modifications>

Please help me remove this retailer stuff as it has nothing to do with my site.

Thanks @LenKaiser for point the issue and i just upgrade the addon you can download the latest version and issue will be fixed.

If you have any issue or error, please let me know happy assist you.

So, just so I understand how this works: The admin chooses one or more usergroups which all new users will get as their secondary usergroups instantly after they register?

I think this add-on would be more useful if the promotion was based on values in the users' custom fields.

The admin chooses one or more usergroups which all new users will get as their secondary usergroups instantly after they register?

Yes.

I think this add-on would be more useful if the promotion was based on values in the users' custom fields.

We upgrading on registration so more likely users' custom fields are varied. So, if you want more specific like custom fields you DM we can talk further.

What are the benefits of using this add-on vs Xenforo's own user group promotion. What kind of problem does this add-on solved?

What are the benefits of using this add-on vs Xenforo's own user group promotion. What kind of problem does this add-on solved?
Also what I'm using it for is I have a rules forum area that I want newly registered members to read & post in before they have access to the rest of the site. So this add-on works great for moving those members to the proper usergroup after they register & confirm their email account.

Also what I'm using it for is I have a rules forum area that I want newly registered members to read & post in before they have access to the rest of the site. So this add-on works great for moving those members to the proper usergroup after they register & confirm their email account.
Good point,

Currently I am using xenforo's own usergroup promotion for the users after they select from a custom field. It works well but I think this might be better.

Good point,

Currently I am using xenforo's own usergroup promotion for the users after they select from a custom field. It works well but I think this might be better.

XenForo own's user group promotion runs on cron based. I.e when cron runs it promote the user. But this addon is working instantly not cron based.

XenForo own's user group promotion runs on cron based. I.e when cron runs it promote the user. But this addon is working instantly not cron based.
Yes that is the part that keep me on toes sometimes.

Is yours criteria base yet or soon to be?

Top Bottom