1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Usergroup Promotion ???

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by tafreehm, Jun 29, 2012.

1. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

Okay, I just setup user ranks images and I was shocked to see how each user ended having more than one user rank image....

The reason is the conditions I setup in Usergroup Promotion.. instead of moving user from one group to another it just add them to secondry usergroup which will not work for me.

As I wanna show one rank image for each user. plus different access criteria....

Can someone tell me how can I MOVE usergroup instead of Adding them to secondry usergroup ?
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is the normal behavior for the promotion system.

You could change your template conditions to prioritize and display only one rank. For example:

<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 4}">
    	rank 1
    <xen:elseif is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 3}" />
    	rank 2
    <xen:elseif is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, 2}" />
    	rank 3
  3. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

so there is no way to move users from usergroup to another ?
    and if I use else if expression which 1 usergroup its gonna go for ? latest promoted one or primary usergroup ?
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is not an option for the promotion system. You would have to modify the code.

The first group that matches in the order they are checked. Either primary or secondary.