XF 1.1 Usergroup & Permissions: Allow Only Certain Usergroup To Start Threads In A Specific Forum

TheBigK

I'm totally lost and need help! I have about 10 usergroups which user is put into depending on the number of posts and likes they've earned.

I now want to create a new forum and only a certain usergroup to be able to post new threads in it. I want others to be able to 'reply' to those threads, but not start new thread. Of course, admins and mods will have the ability to start new thread and post replies.

I therefore created a new usergroup and a forum. Through 'node permissions', I changed the setting "Start New Thread" to 'Never' for all the usergroups that should not be able to post new threads.

But now I (the admin) do not have the permission to start a new thread in the new section! I figured out that it's because I'm also the member of other usergroups, which do not have permission to start new threads.

How do I fix this?

Assuming all members are in the Registered group as their primary (which is why it is recommended to set them up like this), Revoke the post new thread permission for that group in the node and Allow it for the groups you want to be able to post new threads.

Two clicks and it's done.

Assuming all members are in the Registered group as their primary (which is why it is recommended to set them up like this), Revoke the post new thread permission for that group in the node and Allow it for the groups you want to be able to post new threads.

Two clicks and it's done.
Thank you, Master! The problem's been solved!

PS: My respect for this community just tripled! (y)

Top Bottom