Resource icon

Usergroup Permission for Claim Listing 1.0.1

No permission to download

Sadik B

sadikb submitted a new resource:

Usergroup Permission for Claim Listing (version 1.0.0) - Adds a usergroup based permission for Claim Listing

This is a very simple addition to Surrey Forum's XenkingDirectory Addon. We had a requirement on one of the forums, that only "Premium Members" can claim directory listings. So we added a new permission to User groups called "Can Claim Listing".

So if you install this and do not give permission to claim listings then users who click on claim will see the error defined in the...

Read more about this resource...

Great addon. One feature would complete the package: only admins or moderators should (in our situation) be able to make a listing claimable. Then certain usergroups are able to claim the listing. The latter is implemented with your addon, but now I can only either have no "make claimable" button at all, or have it show up for every user.

Would it be hard to implement this?

Great addon. One feature would complete the package: only admins or moderators should (in our situation) be able to make a listing claimable. Then certain usergroups are able to claim the listing. The latter is implemented with your addon, but now I can only either have no "make claimable" button at all, or have it show up for every user.

Would it be hard to implement this?

Hi, I don't understand. Even if the Claim button shows up for all users, it will show the Error message for the usergroups whom you do not give permission. So technically only users belonging to usergroups with "Claim Listing" permission given can only do so.

I see the confusion...
As I see it momentarily, there are two buttons: "make claimable" and "claim this listing".
When I give permissions to claim a listing, one should be able to just see the button "claim this listing". Right now, he also sees on his own card: "make claimable", but I want that button to only show for administrators or moderators.

I'm using the directory as a sort of addressbook for our community, so I want to be able to create all users, but let them claim the contact card and edit their details. So I want to give them that opportunity but not let them make it claimable again...

Is something like that possible?

I get an error when trying to access the directory with this plugin activated, the error is...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/seagulls/public_html/library/ExtendDir/ControllerPublic/Directory.php on line 1

Directory version is 1.1.8.3
ExtendDir version is 1.0.1

Any help would be gratefully received.

I get an error when trying to access the directory with this plugin activated, the error is...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/seagulls/public_html/library/ExtendDir/ControllerPublic/Directory.php on line 1

Directory version is 1.1.8.3
ExtendDir version is 1.0.1

Any help would be gratefully received.

Re-Upload the files.

Hi, thanks for this. I tried this several times and then forced a binary upload (it was set to AUTO) and it works a treat!

Top Bottom