XF 1.4 User with access to alter users specific usergroup

Zynektic

Hi there,

Is it possible in some way so that when I have a private forum set up I can configure a user without them being an Admin to add people into a specific usergroup? At the moment I have made a custom usergroup which has access to a private forum but rather than me having to add a user to that usergroup (these are Guilds) is there a way to give the Guild Leader permissions to add his own Guild members to that specific group so they can see the forum?

If nothing like that is possible then is there a way in 'user promotions' to enable something like this? I considered using a Guild Tag but this can be violated by whoever sets it to the same so another solution would be welcomed.

I just do not want to make the Guild Leader an Admin to do this and as far as I can see I can only give them moderator permissions for their hidden forum without making them a proper moderator.

Hopefully that makes sense, thanks!

Is it possible in some way so that when I have a private forum set up I can configure a user without them being an Admin to add people into a specific usergroup?
That would require an add-on or custom development.

Only administrators can manage users and user groups.

Top Bottom