XF 1.3 User Upgrades Notice - Reminder

akia

I'd like to be able to notify members when there user upgrade has come to an end and encourage them to re-upgrade. Unfortunately xenforo is a really poor in this area.

I'm thinking the best way to do this would be a notice advising them but there is no easy way to do this, so I think I've come up with a bit of a convoluted way of doing this.

So I've already got a Premium Members User Group. I was thinking of creating another user group called Previous Premium Members and creating a user promotion so that if someone is in the Premium Members User Group they are automatically promoted to Previous Premium Members group.

I then plan to set up a notice with the following conditions set:
User is a member of any of the selected user groups: Previous Premium Members
User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups: Premium Members User Group

Will this work? and do you guys think this is the best way to go about it?

I'd like to be able to notify members when there user upgrade has come to an end and encourage them to re-upgrade. Unfortunately xenforo is a really poor in this area.

I'm thinking the best way to do this would be a notice advising them but there is no easy way to do this, so I think I've come up with a bit of a convoluted way of doing this.

Once you've got a paying member I don't see why you'd want to basically 'invite them to leave' on a regular basis by all this reminder notice/downgrading stuff.

If they are not around/are ill/living abroad for a few months or whatever when you write they probably won't renew even if they had no reason to leave.

What I do is to use the XenForo system with PayPal subscriptions. Monthly subscription payments are created automatically and run on and on... no notices, no fuss and bother, and no members thrown out after a period.

I've been involved in forum management for some very large outfits, and part of the training was to explain to me that they had hundreds of thousands of paying subscribers who hadn't used their services for years. Your system would seem to throw all those people off your system....rather than allowing them to continue to subscribe/contribute automatically if they want to.

Just a thought..

Steve

Once you've got a paying member I don't see why you'd want to basically 'invite them to leave' on a regular basis by all this reminder notice/downgrading stuff.

If they are not around/are ill/living abroad for a few months or whatever when you write they probably won't renew even if they had no reason to leave.

What I do is to use the XenForo system with PayPal subscriptions. Monthly subscription payments are created automatically and run on and on... no notices, no fuss and bother, and no members thrown out after a period.

I've been involved in forum management for some very large outfits, and part of the training was to explain to me that they had hundreds of thousands of paying subscribers who hadn't used their services for years. Your system would seem to throw all those people off your system....rather than allowing them to continue to subscribe/contribute automatically if they want to.

Just a thought..

Steve
Yea I'd never thought of using the monthly subscriptions.

Top Bottom