Resource icon

User Upgrade Permissions [Paid] 1.1.3

No permission to buy ($15.00)

Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

User Upgrade Permissions - User Upgrades limited to specific user groups.

This add-on allows you to select user groups which are able to purchase each upgrade. The user must be in at least one of the groups allowed. If they aren't, the upgrade will not be visible to them.

This makes it possible to have hierarchical upgrades, upgrades exclusively for trusted members, etc...

View attachment 126976

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: Dan
Oh wow I was completely unaware that addon was even made.

I have been using an older one. I will be switching over to this to see if there are any issues with paygates.
If there is any issues, please report it so I can fix them :)

Hey @Xon I had Daniel develop this one so I have a question, the way I had him do it was that you check the usergroups that you want to allow to see the upgrade, doesn't blacklisting groups essentially perform the same function in reverse?

Hey @Xon I had Daniel develop this one so I have a question, the way I had him do it was that you check the usergroups that you want to allow to see the upgrade, doesn't blacklisting groups essentially perform the same function in reverse?
Correct. You have any a list of groups you want to include, and a list of groups you do not want to include.

This means warnings which can only add user groups can put someone into a group who is forbidden from purchasing an upgrade. The previous functionality couldn't do that.

I see now - that makes sense. I guess I was think of it for just my purposes. For instance if you had a "naughty" group you might want to disallow anyone in that group from seeing the upgrade

What I have to do currently is create a group called "eligible for XYZ upgrade" then put the user in that group and set the User Upgrade Permission to allow for that group.

Specifically, I use this for site sponsors. I have a User Upgrade for paying sponsor dues but I don't want just anyone to be able to buy it. So it's kind of a work-around but it's really the only way to do it, because if I put someone in the Sponsors group just so they can see and pay the upgrade, that kind of defeats the purpose of having them pay to be a member of that group. Also when their sponsorship expires they get downgraded. But they're still in the "eligible" group so they can still see, pay, and extend their sponsorship.

I actually use it for 2 such circumstances - also for a premium membership that needs to be pre-approved.

So the "eligible" groups are default groups essentially (name only, no special permissions settings) used only via ACP to allow control of this addon

Reactions: Xon
Pardon the ignorance, but I cant understand the use of this, is it similar to
Expiring User Upgrades?
Both add-ons extend user upgrades.

But this add-on manages access to user upgrades, while expiring user upgrades sends notifications and an 'extend' button for non-recurring upgrades.

Top Bottom