1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Upgrade Permissions [Paid] 1.1.1a

User Upgrades limited to specific user groups.

1. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

User Upgrade Permissions - User Upgrades limited to specific user groups.

Read more about this resource...

Dan likes this.
  2. cra0

cra0 New Member

purchased. Thanks ill let you know if i run into any troubles.

Daniel Hood likes this.
  3. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

4. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

If there is any issues, please report it so I can fix them :)

5. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

6. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Well-Known Member

Hey @Xon I had Daniel develop this one so I have a question, the way I had him do it was that you check the usergroups that you want to allow to see the upgrade, doesn't blacklisting groups essentially perform the same function in reverse?

7. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Correct. You have any a list of groups you want to include, and a list of groups you do not want to include.

This means warnings which can only add user groups can put someone into a group who is forbidden from purchasing an upgrade. The previous functionality couldn't do that.

8. Floyd R Turbo

I see now - that makes sense. I guess I was think of it for just my purposes. For instance if you had a "naughty" group you might want to disallow anyone in that group from seeing the upgrade

What I have to do currently is create a group called "eligible for XYZ upgrade" then put the user in that group and set the User Upgrade Permission to allow for that group.

Specifically, I use this for site sponsors. I have a User Upgrade for paying sponsor dues but I don't want just anyone to be able to buy it. So it's kind of a work-around but it's really the only way to do it, because if I put someone in the Sponsors group just so they can see and pay the upgrade, that kind of defeats the purpose of having them pay to be a member of that group. Also when their sponsorship expires they get downgraded. But they're still in the "eligible" group so they can still see, pay, and extend their sponsorship.

I actually use it for 2 such circumstances - also for a premium membership that needs to be pre-approved.

So the "eligible" groups are default groups essentially (name only, no special permissions settings) used only via ACP to allow control of this addon

Xon likes this.
  9. Floyd R Turbo

Additionally, your feature addition makes this addon more flexible for use by others :)

Xon likes this.
  10. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

11. Floyd R Turbo

12. mikelowrey

mikelowrey Active Member

Pardon the ignorance, but I cant understand the use of this, is it similar to
    Expiring User Upgrades?

13. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Both add-ons extend user upgrades.

But this add-on manages access to user upgrades, while expiring user upgrades sends notifications and an 'extend' button for non-recurring upgrades.

14. Floyd R Turbo

This one controls who can see what upgrades.

15. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member