XF 1.4 User Upgrade Management Improvements

XenForo 1.4 includes a handful of useful improvements to help you manage and monitor the user upgrades you have set up on your system.

Watch on Vimeo

I'm attempting a new recording system with this video - the main thing you should notice is the improvement in audio quality, but if you have any other comments do let me know.

However, please don't post feature suggestions in this thread, even if they are directly related to this system! Any features suggestions should be posted in the appropriate feature suggestion forum so that they can be properly assessed and catalogued.

Incredible. I don't know about anyone else, but this feature might as well just revolutionize Forum Software as we know it. I mean, how cool is THAT to see a renewal as an alert!?

This puts a lot of the donation plugins or mods to shame.

What the... There are times I wished I owned this company, this is one of them.

Kier,

Great to see the additions and the very good explanation video.

I use Paypal subscriptions and I love that when a member lets their Paypal account run out of funds or they have an expired or over its limit card setup Paypal deal with all of that for me. They seem to try and put the sub through and then if they can't they chase the member and allow some days to go by for them to act and then chase them again, and again, until they fix their Paypal account and bring it back to full working...and then the sub payment goes through.

Seeing the video I am not sure how Xenforo is going to deal with that. If it sent an alert after the sub failed to be renewed on its renewal date that would seem likely to make the member setup another sub rather than it all being left to Paypal to sort out with them as normal....and I can imagine them ending up with two of the same sub or being very confused as to what was happening.

As long as we have the ability/option to turn off alerts about expired upgrades I guess everything will work just as it always has.

I may well be missing some important point...and this is an off the cuff reaction on seeing the video. I hope the thought is helpful.

Steve

XenForo 1.4 includes a handful of useful improvements to help you manage and monitor the user upgrades you have set up on your system.

Watch on Vimeo

I'm attempting a new recording system with this video - the main thing you should notice is the improvement in audio quality, but if you have any other comments do let me know.

However, please don't post feature suggestions in this thread, even if they are directly related to this system! Any features suggestions should be posted in the appropriate feature suggestion forum so that they can be properly assessed and catalogued.
Exciting stuff. XenForo's continuous improvements and updates is impressive and appreciated.

I'm glad I made the switch from the 'other' brand 6 months ago.

Great stuff! This type of functionality is extremely important for those of us who depend on subscriptions as an integral part of our business and these improvements are very much appreciated.

Incredible. I don't know about anyone else, but this feature might as well just revolutionize Forum Software as we know it. I mean, how cool is THAT to see a renewal as an alert!?

This puts a lot of the donation plugins or mods to shame.

What the... There are times I wished I owned this company, this is one of them.
I already have this on my site and I was the one that made the suggestion for this. I still don't understand why they haven't included coupons (which we will have on our site shortly) and statistics (again, something we are custom coding). I made a few other suggestions that aren't included that we currently have like gifting other users (users love to gift and has been a nice bump in paid subscription revenue for us).

All this stuff should have been included from the start IMO. I've suggested many of these things on IPB when I was with them (and they turned it down obviously when you look at their products lol). So the ideas have been out there, it is just nice to see someone implementing it in the core. But like I said, I still think there are more improvements for this. My notifications are sent 3 days and 1 day prior to expiration.

I don't think most admins use user upgrades like I do on my site, hence why it is a lacking "feature" on all the softwares out there.

I already have this on my site and I was the one that made the suggestion for this. I still don't understand why they haven't included coupons (which we will have on our site shortly) and statistics (again, something we are custom coding). I made a few other suggestions that aren't included that we currently have like gifting other users (users love to gift and has been a nice bump in paid subscription revenue for us).

All this stuff should have been included from the start IMO. I've suggested many of these things on IPB when I was with them (and they turned it down obviously when you look at their products lol). So the ideas have been out there, it is just nice to see someone implementing it in the core. But like I said, I still think there are more improvements for this. My notifications are sent 3 days and 1 day prior to expiration.

I don't think most admins use user upgrades like I do on my site, hence why it is a lacking "feature" on all the softwares out there.
Wow. Nice work on suggesting the feature, man! :)

Top Bottom